cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: V6 box doesn’t work with Samsung tv

DavFB
On our wavelength

There is definitely an issue between Samsung smart TVs and the V6 box. Not so much with the previous TIVO box which were were forced to move to when the black screen and flickering became too much (after changing every cable and every other suggestion).

The guy at SAMSUNG I spoke to said it was the V6 software. 

Here's hoping the next generation Virgin box works with Samsungs...

5 REPLIES 5

DavFB
On our wavelength

There is a fault with the V6 box which prevents interaction with SAMSUNG Smart TVs. It is something that has been commented on here for a year or two.

The only solution I found was to return the V6 box and get Virgin to send the previous 'TIVO' box. It has half the hard drive capacity but it works fine with SAMSUNG. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Posts merged.

It sounds like you may have had HDCP compliance issues, often caused by non-HDCP2.2 kit somewhere in your HDMI chain.

The V6 supports 4K/UHD unlike the TiVo.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

cje72
On our wavelength

I've just bought a Samsung Smart TV and don't have any issues with the picture from my V6, although I do have the issues that others have encountered with the picture and sound being out of sync (to varying extents on different channels, so most likely a software issue).  Hoping picture issues don't now start happening...

Virgin have offered to upgrade my box to the 360 (it's a software upgrade, but you do lose any recordings and series links that you have), although having read some of the issues that others have encountered (it doesn't solve the sound syncing issue for starters), I'm holding off doing that.

It's really poor that VM don't seem able to get a grip of these problems 😞

There are millions of V6s and connected TVs of various makes out there, and it's inevitable that sometimes a V6/TV combination doesn't work. One thing which can be easily done is to swap the V6.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

I have a six week old Samsung Qled tv and I had an issue this morning. Turned the tv on and had a screen full of static. Rebooted the v6, the welcome message came up then the starting up message but with a purple background. After 30 seconds or so just a screen full of static. Tried the v6 box on a different tv and everything was fine. The solution is to turn everything off and then unplug the tv from mains power, that’s the important bit, the tv must power down completely. Leave it unplugged for a couple of minutes and then plug it back in and power everything back up. Sorted my issue.

Jon