Menu
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix/ iplayer freezing on tivo box

will say that with each time I've had problems I have run a network diagnostics and the port configuration test has always failed, tells me I need to open 6 ports on my router, and that two of them 6 ports are the same port number, well I'm not overly confident about opening ports on my router for starters, but to open two of the same port number surely isn't going to be right?

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 22
Flag for a moderator

everything else works fine, no streaming issues with anything else, just get the problem with the BBC iPlayer 😏 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 13 of 22
Flag for a moderator

The port configuration test often fails on perfectly working systems, mine included. You can safely disregard the results.

Try VOD, that'll give an idea where to go next.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Video on Demand? Netflix is fine, YouTube videos fine, Prime fine 🤔 even virgin store fine, none lag or freeze the box, shall I hit it with a hammer lol see if it helps it 🤣 🔨 

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I'm not using the beta version of the BBC iPlayer either, but am wondering if maybe it would help, especially as they are the top dogs with their creations, will be able to receive data on this error and then come up with a fix, but then maybe in the beta version it has already been fixed 🤔 this is taking me back to 17 yrs years and playing around with waves ssl software on a weekend lol

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 16 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Ok, so it's literally just an iPlayer app issue. If you were to pick a BBC programme from CatchUp, and choose "watch now", I presume the programme starts to stream before freezing?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 17 of 22
Flag for a moderator

yes literally just BBC iPlayer problem, which ever way I use it, whether it is catch up or on demand, the app opens and starts streaming fine, but the time before I start to get issues starting varies, sods law it's just when it gets to a good part 😡, when it starts it's just like it is lagging behind a bit, and it will display that it's trying to catch-up 🔄 then it will start intermitantly screen freezing, then all of a sudden the picture totally freezes, and so does my v6 box. I've tried rewinding the video to help with the lagging, yes old skool but maybe it will work, nope, I've tried pausing the video, don't work either, no matter what I try it always still gets to the point where its made everything stop, oh and after it has stopped everything I have tried not touching the remote control and not turning the box off and waiting 15 seconds before turning it back on but it stays frozen, if I don't count to 15 when it's turned off, then the box freezes on the welcome screen and won't boot up 😥 

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 22
Flag for a moderator

can't I just give it the disgruntled, hardware and software savvy, female chat, with a hammer now? Lol 😁 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 19 of 22
Flag for a moderator

have to say, before I go to bed, that I have the app on TV in my bedroom, that TV is Ethernet connected but is Freeview only, the problem doesn't happen at all up there, but I don't want to have to go to bed and watch the bbc iPlayer stuff, yes I know that it's a different set up between Freeview and paid viewing, but this is why I'm thinking that the problem is an incompatibility issue within the app itself, after all the apps would have been written differently, because surely there is royalties that will be paid for usage of the app to the BBC 🤷🏼

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 20 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Well it's certainly an unusual one.. if your internet connection has been proven - it's simple, but I can't see anywhere in this thread, you've restarted the box?

Has it only started doing this recently, or always been the case?

0 Kudos