cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playback of recordings pixelated and freezing

Victallowin
Tuning in

All of my recent recordings on my TiVo box are pixelated and freeze so often and making the watching of the programmes impossible.

Previous posts with the same issues seem to point to a faulty hdd in the TiVo box. 

How do I get this resolved

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Firstly check that your symptoms are the same - can you watch live TV & OnDemand? These don't use the hard drive.

While on live TV, pause the programme for a short time and resume - you're now using the hard drive.

If you're sure the HDD is the issue, the quickest way is to call VM to report your fault. 150 (from a VM phone) or 0345 4541111 (from any other phone) and choose the "I have a fault" option. Or wait on here for VM staff to pick the post up - which (on current timescales) may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Victallowin,

Welcome to the Community Forums

I'm sorry to hear you've been having issues with the playback of your recordings. If you're only experiencing poor quality on the playback of your recordings, this would indicate an issue with the box's hard drive and would mean it'd need replacing.

If you could please get back to me and answer @japiits questions, that'd be great. We can then further identify the cause of the issue and go from there.

Kind regards

Beth

Beth

Yes I can watch live tv ok.

Checked all connections - all ok

Pausing live tv does give problems but not as bad trying to watch a whole recorded  programme.

According to the hdd usage it was at 54%

I have found that by deleting a load of pre-recorded programmes taking usage down to just over 30% - the situation improved immensely but not completely eradicating the issue. So basically I'm can record and watch it later but have to delete it straight away otherwise any recordings etc. Made over 35% get corrupted.

Does that make sense?

Vic

Hi Vic,

Thanks so much for all those details, so it does definitely sound like a hard drive issue to me.

Would you be happy for me to arrange an engineer visit so we can take a look at this issue in person and replace the box for you if needed? If so, kindly pop me over a PM confirming your address and I'll be happy to get that arranged.

Kind regards,

Beth

Beth