Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Pixellation

Hi all,

Asking for help as I can't seem to get Virgin to look at this for me.

I have been with Virgin since 12 Feb 19 (a short time) and have been having random pixellation on the HD channels since the beginning.  I have phoned Virgin on 3 or 4 occasions and can't seem to get them to look at it.  They dial in to the box, say it is now sorted and then have sent me an email about setting up wi-fi.  It is nothing to do with wi-fi!

The pixellation happens randomly and only lasts a second or 2.  It happens when watching live tv or even when recording.  The pixellation on the recording is always is the same place, so it has therefore recorded the pixellation as it is coming through the broadcast being received.

I wonder if anyone else had the same issue and managed to get it resolved.  I was previously with Talk Talk and never had this issue, I thought it would be better with fibre, apparently not.

I know that as this is a random problem, it is difficult to isolate it, but I don't seem to be getting anywhere.  The last phone call to Virgin, the guy on the other end said for me to log the instances Monday evening and he would ring me back the day after.  Still waiting for the phone call!

Really disappointed with the service as we don't seem to be getting anywhere and paying a lot of money for the privilege.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixellation

Is there any chance that the team can look at this as I noticed that some other people have mentioned pixelation issues and they have had a VM team member contact them and these have been posted after mine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi a virgin person will respond on here in 4 or 5 days, I would phone and go down the Tv faults route they can check the levels while you are on the line and if necessary arrange for an engineer to come to you and adjust the signal levels, as that is what is the usual cause of this. Regards Micky 

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

At the moment VM mods are stacking all the posts relating to pixelation on the TV board (over 40 received in the last 24 hours & still increasing).

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV/TV-pixelation-issue/td-p/3963468

VIP pack with VIVID 350. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks everyone.

I have spoken to VM again this afternoon and they are going to send an engineer round.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@TomBoChaz wrote:

Is there any chance that the team can look at this as I noticed that some other people have mentioned pixelation issues and they have had a VM team member contact them and these have been posted after mine.

You'll find this regularly happens.

Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Don't hold your breath!

More at https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV/ITV-HD-pixelating/m-p/3959129#M176643

As for this forum, VM only publish posts they like, truthful ones get deleted!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Had an engineer out today. Very helpful.

He thought it was to do with the levels coming into the house and then checked the cabinet outside.

He thinks it is an issue with the levels in the cab and has logged it with network. Network will sort this issue out tomorrow.

Hopefully, things will get better after that.

Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Wise owl
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Don't hesitate to come back here if it's not still right.

Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi. Pls see https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/Pixelation-blamed-on-customers/m-p/4066049#M60639

You'll find that Virgin Media look to put the blame on customers, ludicrous at that is.
0 Kudos