Menu
AlanDH4
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Pixellation on BBC HD

Over the last 10 days or so I have been experiencing pixellation/blocking on BBC HD live channels at random times lasting a few seconds each time. This does not occur on streaming. I used live chat and they checked all my equipment and service and determined it was a BBC problem and increased my signal strength. This has not made a discernible difference.

From other blogs it would appear I need an engineer visit - is that correct or is there something else I can do? I have rebooted both the V6 box and the Hub 6 and checked all the connections.

Thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixellation on BBC HD

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

Live TV uses your co-ax connections, streaming uses the internet so would be unaffected. Power levels can only be adjusted - if necessary - by physical adjustments in the street cabinet. Not remotely.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixellation on BBC HD

Hi AlanDH4,

Thanks for getting in touch, and a very warm welcome to the Community Forum! I'm sorry that you're having some problems with your television services.

I haven't been able to locate your account using your Forum Details. I'm just going to send you a Private Message to confirm some details, and we can go from there. Please look out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos