cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixelation and 'Channel failed' message

PaulThisy
Joining in

Getting freezing pics and channel failed message,all channels,wondered if there was a known issue in Bolton,my Dad rang to say his was doing the same thing and we are on different nodal areas.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The service status line, is the best place to check for known local outages or service issues.

Pixellation is a classic indicator of a signal issue, and if you've already rebooted your box once then there's potentially a fault on your specific equipment that will need VM to intervene to resolve. If nothing's reported on the status line, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @PaulThisy 

Have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there.

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your quick reply.I checked service status earlier and it found intermittent signal.I was just wondering if other people were having same issue in Bolton

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The service status line, is the best place to check for known local outages or service issues.

Pixellation is a classic indicator of a signal issue, and if you've already rebooted your box once then there's potentially a fault on your specific equipment that will need VM to intervene to resolve. If nothing's reported on the status line, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Good Morning @PaulThisy, hope your keeping well, and a welcome back to our Community Forums!

I've looked in your local area and cannot currently see any faults showing.

Can you please provide us with an update on how the services are currently performing?

If the issue is still ongoing, can you confirm what diagnostics have been ran?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David,you have looked at the area a little bit late to have seen the issue unfortunately.There was an issue on the Supertrunk affecting downstreams on certain UBR's out of Bolton headend which has now been fixed.

Apologies for the delays PaulThisy, we appreciate the update. Is everything back working now?

Rob

All good now thanks 👍

Thanks for letting us know this has now been resolved and please do let us know if you have any further issues.

Regards,

Steven_L