Menu
emmylou1985
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Pin requested for recordings

Hi

From last week when I watch my recordings of 30 rock it’s asking for a pin. This programme was recorded at 5/5.30pm, but requires a pin if viewed before 10pm, which is a bit strange. 

Also I’m watching a film and it asked me for a pin for that as well, I’ve never been asked for a pin for a recording before. 

Has there been a change in the software? Will I always be asked for a pin on all recordings now if it is deemed for over a certain age group?

My parental settings at set to ‘do not request a pin’ to watch shows  

Thank you for any help

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pin requested for recordings

Hi emmylou1985,

This is due to a new Ofcom ruling. Ofcom Review-of-the-mandatory-daytime-protection-rules   also from the  Currant Bun 

1.24 Provided that mandatory daytime protection is in place pre-2100 and post-0530... ...programmes that are unsuitable for children that would usually be scheduled after the watershed... ...may be broadcast on television at any time of day.

Mandatory daytime protection means there is a PIN protection system in place... ...which cannot be removed by the user and restricts access solely to those authorised to view.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm just a normal customer here to share my knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
emmylou1985
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for reply. 

I live on my own so not needed. It’s a shame it can’t be switched off or decided by the viewer 

0 Kudos
miker0
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I understand the principal , but is it working properly. U classified film. Can watch midday without pin , recording at the same time and because I answered door and missed first 10 minutes. So started watching recording and was asked for pin. Yet could switch back to film without needing pin.

0 Kudos