Menu
spac3cow6oy
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Picture quality on Sky Movies HD channels

I've been getting a lot of pixelation and sound cutting out when watching the Sky Movies HD channels. This has been happening on and off for the last few weeks. Also the general picture quality isn't as good as other HD channels. They just don't look as sharp and... well, high definition. Does anybody know what could be causing this and why it's only affecting these certain channels? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
japitts
Super solver
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture quality on Sky Movies HD channels

This sounds very much like signal issues to me, something which can ultimately only be solved by a tech visit - which needs CS to arrange.

Having said that... it's a little odd that you're only seeing this on Sky Cinema channels. My interpretation (i.e. don't quote me on this) is that Sky Cinema is scattered across frequencies, and mixed in with other channels too, both premium & non-premium. So if all your Sky Cinema channels are playing up, I'd expect many more HD channels to be playing up too.

spac3cow6oy
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

What you say all makes sense. It could be just that I don't watch many of the other HD channels often enough to notice. My most often watched channels are the aforementioned Sky movie channels and Horror, which sadly isn't in HD. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Super solver
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Fair enough. Well by means of detective work, Sky Premier HD (according to Digital-BitRate) shares with Sky Disney HD, Sky One HD, BT Sport 1 & BT Sport ESPN HD.

However.. if this is happening on live TV, it's indicative of a signal issue. If it's happening on recordings, it could be a failing hard drive. In either case... faults-CS are your friends, or wait for a staffer to pick this up in (upto) a weeks time.

0 Kudos
spac3cow6oy
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It seems to only be live broadcasts. Anything "on demand" from Sky Movies seems to be fine, although it still suffers from not looking as crisp as some other HD channels and not even close to the quality of Amazon Prime or Netflix. I guess this could just be down to the compression that Sky uses.

Thanks for your help anyway. I'll give them a couple of days on here and if I don't hear anything I'll call customer service. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi spac3cow6oy

Thank you for visiting our community forums and for posting.

We are sorry to hear that you have been having issues with pixelation and sound quality. We understand that this must be frustrating. 

There are a few things that we'd like you to try to see if we can improve this for you.

Can you start by checking that the cable, splitter and wall socket are secure please? If an error message appears on the screen after you have done this press 'OK' on the remote. 

It's also important that the set top box is well ventilated. 

We look forward to hearing back from you.

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
spac3cow6oy
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your message. I have checked and yes, the cables are all secure and the box has plenty of space around it. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Are you using an HD TV? 

If so are you using a SCART or HDMI cable? 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
spac3cow6oy
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have an LG 4K TV and I used only HDMI for connections.

0 Kudos
spac3cow6oy
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Just bumping this post so it doesn't get lost. 🙂

0 Kudos