Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Picture disturbance when using Catch-Up to view programmes on MORE4 +Alibi+Drama

Can you help with this please as this is driving me nuts. I have a virgin V6 box and a superhub 3.

I find that when  try and watch a programme on MORE4 on Catch-Up for example that although i can access the programme and hear it the picture is not clear- it is distorted , broken up by flashes/ribbons  of colour accompanied by a clicking sound

This is hardly a technical phrase but if this  was a radio station i would say it needed retuning

All the main channels eg BBC 1-4, ITV etc are fine - it just goes  pear shaped  on MORE4,ALIBI,Drama etc

Any help  would be appreciated

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture disturbance when using Catch-Up to view programmes on MORE4 +Alibi+Drama

Hello B79T-d.

Thank you for your post and sorry you're having some issues with some catch-up services.

Can I please just confirm, did you reboot your box and see if this fixed the issue? 

You can also try and resit the cables going into both the Tivo box and the TV to ensure this isn't slipping and causing an unstable connection on some catch-up methods.

If neither of these help the situation, can I ask if you've had any internet issues recently? Is your Tivo box connected through a wired or wireless connection? 

Please keep us updated on if any of these help.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture disturbance when using Catch-Up to view programmes on MORE4 +Alibi+Drama

Emily

All now sorted after i restarted the box. Amazed how easy it was and that it worked. All other things you asked about were checked  and were ok.

Will do this gain if i get more problems in first instant

Simples you might say. Am now going to watch the programme that i wanted to see

thanks

Brian

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

So this afternoon i decided to watch Chicargo PD on Channel 5 USA. I got a repeat of the picture disturbance issue (see previous post) I restated the box and all was fine - But for how long i wonder . I last did it two weeks ago and while its no big issue to restart a box ,it is a pain 

So do i have a system fault? Please advise 

Thanks

B

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear this Brian and I know it can be frustrating have to restart your box multiple times, especially when you want to see the latest episdoes of your favourite shows. I hope that the last restart you had to will have resolved the problem for you. 

If you'd like me to look further into your account and see if there is anything going on in the background that could affect this. We can do this via private message, just let me know if you want to do this.

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos