cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture break up

H1cks12
Tuning in

Ever since the UK outage on the TV side, I've noticed that the signal drops every 10-15 seconds and breaks up the picture for a few seconds. It's extremely frustrating. It's almost like it just can't keep the signal. This happens on every channel. I've tried restarting the v6 box just incase but that doesn't make a difference either. 

20211204_072950.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

PVS23
On our wavelength

You will note that there are an increasing number of people reporting this issue on the V6 and Tivo forums. It actually started for me the day before the national outage. There also appears to be some confusion within Virgin as to whether this is related to the national outage or is a separate issue e.g. the engineer I had out on Friday refused to do anything stating it was a known issue but there is no official issue logged at Virgin for this. I live in Peterborough and quite of the posts on here are also from Pboro If you don't mind me asking, where are you based, please?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The vast majority of the time, standard advice applies to all pixellation queries...

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

There's currently no confirmed issue in Peterborough and you're best advised to consider this as an individual fault until confirmed otherwise. And if there is indeed an area issue, then the more individual users that report issues - the better.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yeah also from pboro too. Looks like it is a problem here then.

I did have it a few times the day before the outrage. But since the outrage it's just got so much worse. 

It annoys me that the engineers say they won't do anything because it's a known fault... Well if its a known fault then do something to fix it... Surely.. 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi H1cks12, 

Thank you for your post. 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your tv and pixelation, I can get a tech to come and take a look for you, or are you affected by a different outage?

Zoie