cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Demand glitchy on 1 of 2 TIVOs

hannahf
Dialled in

I've 2 TIVO boxes. 

1 I'm unable to use for ondemand (iplayer, netflix, all 4 etc) as it just pauses, stops/starts, is glitchy.

Recordings are fine.

The other box that does work fine is right next to the router/hub.

What is the fix? A new TIVO box? An internet booster?

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Assuming you definitely have the older TiVo's (check here if you're not sure)... then the internet connection is inbuilt and separate from your home broadband. The router connection is only used for multiroom streaming and not any onward connectivity.

The "heartbeat" green LED on the front-left of the box is the status light for this modem, does it ever flash when you have problems with OnDemand? That's a sign the onboard modem is offline which usually means a replacement box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I have the Virgin TV V6 boxes.  And pretty sure the On Demand has been dodgy since I've had them. It's just in a room I don't use much

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That changes the answer then, I've moved your post to the V6 forum.

V6 get their internet connection from your homehub, this can either be wired or wireless. How is yours connected?

If you swap the two boxes around, does the problem with VoD follow the box to the new room? Or remain with the location?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Ok thank you. Switching them around is going to take some time which I don't have any spare of at the moment so I can't answer that question right now I'm afraid.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've not answered how your V6 are connected, but no problem - as and when you're able to.

It's just a quick way of testing whether the problems are related to a box problem, or an issue with how the box in either location is connected.

There's plenty of advice can be given once we know whether your V6 are Ethernet or wirelessly connected.

Hi hannahf, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having an issue with your V6 On Demand service. 

Taking a look at our systems, I can see there are a number of errors logged on the box. We won't be able to fix this remotely so I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. 

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi hannahf,

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once logged in, scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you another message to pass data protection and then confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

• The technician diagnoses the fault as not being caused by our network/equipment 
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment so it is important to reschedule if needed. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi hannahf, 

All amended for you 🙂 

You should get a new text soon and the appointment will be viewable in My VM within 24 hours. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Thank you