Menu
Neil180771
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

On Demand Not Working

Can anyone tell me why my Virgin Media On Demand services have not worked for 2 months?  After several attempts, in November I eventually got through to technical support who told me that "someone from IT will call you back".

They never called back.

I've repeatedly rebooted the box.  Doesn't address the problem at all.

I've tried twice in the last 2 days to get through to a human, on hold for an hour both times and then the call drops.  Notwithstanding the ear bleedingly tortuous hold music, this level or should I say lack of customer service is utterly awful.

I've just managed to speak to someone briefly, having been on hold for 45 minutes, who said they could "barely hear me".....this has happened before with Virgin Media, they said that they would call back, they called back and then the call gets dropped.  I never have this problem with any other company or private number calling me.

Can someone, anyone from Virgin Media please help.  Otherwise it's time to cancel and go somewhere else.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: On Demand Not Working

First thing's first... which box do you have? Check here if you're not sure.

Second - what happens when you try to use OnDemand - you've not actually said. Do you get any error messages, for example?

Armed with these 2 bits of info, we can hopefully make a start in diagnosing the cause of your issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Neil180771
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It’s the latest TIVO box, the constant error message is 603.  Tried again to speak to someone and had the call dropped bang on 60 minutes of holding.

Not had any access to On Demand services for 3 months now.

Ridiculous. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So it's definitely a V6. Are you watching on a 4K UHD TV?

3months sounds about right for the HDCP software changes that I suspect could be your issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Neil180771,

This may be due to High Definition Copy Protection (HDCP)

Have you followed the suggestions on the /virgin-tv-error-codes/603  Help page?

Check your HDMI cables are compatible, try different HDMI cables and ports (rebooting the box each time you test they are picked up)

More info available <<< here >>> 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
Neil180771
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

On Demand/Apps Not Working - STILL!!!!!!!!

Can anyone, someone please help me?  This is the 8th time in the last week I've tried to get through a human to sort out the continuing problems with On Demand not working, this has now been going on since the end of November 2020.

Amazon Prime, All4 and My5 Apps now longer work either.

I have V6 TIVO Box.

After an hour listening to ear bleedingly tortuous hold music the call is either dropped or someone says they'll call back, claiming they can't hear me.  They then call back and say they can't hear me.

Never encounter any such problems with any call back from any other company, utility provider or private number.

This is truly awful customer service for the price.  Awful.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: On Demand/Apps Not Working - STILL!!!!!!!!

For the sake of continuity, I've moved your posts to the same thread as your previous ones, and can see that HDCP was previously suggested as a potential cause of your issues

@Neil180771 wrote:

Can anyone, someone please help me?  This is the 8th time in the last week I've tried to get through a human to sort out the continuing problems with On Demand not working, this has now been going on since the end of November 2020.

Amazon Prime, All4 and My5 Apps now longer work either.

Can you explain what's happening now - all you've said is "not working".

Does OnDemand give you any error messages, for example? What happens when you try to use any of the streaming apps?

What is youir V6 video output set to?

0 Kudos