cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound on sky sports red button

Cathykil
Tuning in

Hi,

I Cannot get sound on the sky sports red button channels.

Been trying to watch the golf but either no sound at all or earlier on it was Formula 1 commentary over the top of the Senior open golf.

this also happened last week when I tried to watch via the red button

can you let me know if there is a fix?

many thanks

Catherine 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

David_Pn
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi thanks for getting back to us.

If this is continuing can you check the audio settings please? If they are set to Dolby Digital, try Dolby Digital to PCM instead.

To find the audio setting follow - Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Audio

To test if the issue has been fixed channel up and down then tune to an HD channel, press "Pause" and then "Pause" again to resume playing.

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Cathykil, 

Thank you for getting in touch, 

I am very sorry to hear you are having problems with sound when using the red button channels. 

I'd like to take a look in to this further for you. 

Can you please confirm if you are still experiencing this issue and if you experience the drop in sound when using any other interactive / OnDemand service?

Thank you 

Nat

Sorry it’s taken so long to reply, first time I have had the opportunity to try the red button. I have tried again tonight with the EFL championship matches and there is no sound on them either.

it comes on for a split second and then is gone.

David_Pn
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi thanks for getting back to us.

If this is continuing can you check the audio settings please? If they are set to Dolby Digital, try Dolby Digital to PCM instead.

To find the audio setting follow - Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Audio

To test if the issue has been fixed channel up and down then tune to an HD channel, press "Pause" and then "Pause" again to resume playing.

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

Thanks, this looks to have resolved the problem for us 👍🏼

I am having this issue. I’ve tried the option above.

I am watching a match on the red button. 3/6 games have sound and the others do not.

Hi LeeBeales,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a very warm welcome to you, I am sorry your football was spoilt due to the issue with the red button at the weekend.

This was reported as an issue with Sky this has now been resolved, if you do have any further issues please do not hesitate to let us know.

Kind regards

Paul.

hi 

thanks I tried the work around it has solved it 👍🏼
many thanks

cather 

Glad to hear that this has worked for you Cathykil.

Please let us know if you have any further problems.

Regards

Steven_L