Menu
mike706
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No signal on start up

On wakening the V6 box i get a blank screen and a no signal message, this has happened 5 times this month and i have to reboot the v6 box to rectify it. I have changed hdmi cable and tried a different hdmi port, I have also tried another tv but still the same, I get a signal from my other device ie Firestick

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No signal on start up

Is there an error code/number with that "no signal" message? If it's being generated by your V6, there will be a code.

If there's no code, chances are it's being generated by your TV and likely relates to the wrong input being selected.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
mike706
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As i said in my original post i have tried another tv but still the same No Signal, I have also replaced hdmi cables and changed ports, all my other connected media ie firestick and dvd player are ok, just no signal from the v6 box
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As mentioned, signal errors that are generated by the VM boxes usually have an error number (one of a select few, too) with them.

It does therefore, sound like this is (at the very least ) potentially coming from your TV directly.

Can you post a picture of the error and put it on here?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
smerriman
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have had the same problem for a few weeks now, not had any updates on TV, (Sony), I have done an update on AV box to see if that helped but no change,  changed HDMI leads (which are good quality ones) no difference, I find tuning V6 box back to standby for 5 seconds and back on usually works, same problem was reported a couple of weeks ago by another member

0 Kudos