cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No search ability to download new App to Tivo

Libby5
Joining in

Want to download CNN live App on Tivo box but I can't because there is no Search ability on the App page to allow me to download a new app  i.e, nothing on top right corner as people seem to post. Any thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4

Cueball99
Well-informed

You can't add apps to any of the VM boxes. The apps already on there are the only ones you can have.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Libby5 wrote:

Want to download CNN live App on Tivo box but I can't because there is no Search ability on the App page to allow me to download a new app  i.e, nothing on top right corner as people seem to post. Any thoughts?

Where are you seeing people post about that? I'd be interested.

The response from Cueball is correct by the way - in the VM ecosystem, apps are installed by Virgin directly. It doesn't work like the smartphone/tablet setup where there's an app store.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for reply. Now I know that I am not at fault for not being able to download apps to Tivo box.  Got the info. that I could from Googling- so not on this site.A good many were saying 'how to do it' as if it were possible.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Libby5 

Should you fancy updating your V6 to the new Horizon system there is a CNN app on the 360 box however it's not a live feed.

Photo taken at 1pm Sept 3rd

cnncnn

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali