Flag for a moderator

Re: tv v6 won't connect what's wrong. I get c133 error

Now that IS a comprehensive answer, thankyou Dave... time for some homework. 👍

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately, I thought I would give a final go after japitts' hypothesis over whether my account had actually been activated yet. (I could swear I did)

I'll tell you now All call centres are now CLOSED due to Clovid-19, they offered to txt me a link to help me out (twice), I accepted, they then sent me nothing, and hung-up on me! (no, I was being perfectly polite - as you can to a BOT!)

I have an engineer on Tues, he had better arrive and also not the one that accused me of breaking the router! Doesn’t know <insert expletive here>, can’t support worth <insert expletive here> and so the default was to casting the blame on the customer.

I have a degree in Computer Networking, I think I know how to set up a router. The government had hundreds of ethernets and routers. 🤔

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi kriptikchicken, 

Apologies for the delay in replying. 

I see you have had a visit booked with us, how did this go please? Has the service improved since then?

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 17
Flag for a moderator

--- Apologies id this is a repost, it didn’t seem to come up the first time ---

Hi Natalie,

Unfortunately, after waiting in from 8am-12pm, nobody turned up. No phone call or text, nothing. I phoned your 1111 number and actually got a very polite male who said he would see if he could leave a note for last Monday as the schedule had not been filled in.

The next reply I got was a txt message that I now have an appointment from 8am-12pm on the 12th Nov. He said that he would try and get them to phone me (avoid the hours of 'on-hold' music!) and took my mobile number (don't bother about the landline, it is hooked up but no phone attached) I don't think I have used one of those things’ in about 25 years!!! 😊

What happens next, is your guess as good as mine. Irrespective of the time of day it runs at about a 3rd of the speed (VPN off etc.), but luckily, I do have access to the HUB, Interwebz and V6.

Thanks for your concern,

Robin

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry for the delay in response! 

I can see from that another engineer was sent - how did that go? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ryan, 

The second time around the engineer DID turn up. However, he immediately said there was nothing he could do as the problem was not with my hub or V6 but with an ongoing number of problems exterior to the building. At the time I ran a speed test (approx. 10am) and it came back as 40Mbs download for a 350Mbs contract. 

These were known problems and were meant to be fixed in Oct. However, he seemed pretty cynical that they would be fixed any time soon and we both agreed that any sort of prediction was impossible to answer. 

The engineer was very polite and it was an amicable conversation. He did however give me his work mobile as he sympathised with the tremendous wait and frustration when calling any area of the call centre. He basically said that if I needed an engineer again just call him and he would pop around, which was pretty good and trusting of him. He also said he would lodge another service ticket with his boss. 

My hypothesis is that all these slow connections people are getting of slow download speeds is down to the good old COVID lockdown and a huge surge of online users, whether video chats, gaming, streaming companies like Netflix etc, and people generally having to work from home. 

As most of us probably already know we don’t actually have an exclusive line to ourselves and it is shared to one or more other households (whether houses or flats). Unfortunately, VM are dragging their heels and instead of increasing the bandwidth of the lines to compensate for the added activity, they are just increasing the number of users sharing the existing bandwidth. Hence the congestion. 

i.e. instead of having a four-lane motorway we still have a one lane main-road! Hence when you see the broadband ‘service status’ for my area reporting ‘No known issues’, it’s a complete lie. Ther ARE issues and they are KNOWN! 

Good-day!  😊

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 17 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@kriptikchicken wrote:

The engineer was very polite and it was an amicable conversation. He did however give me his work mobile as he sympathised with the tremendous wait and frustration when calling any area of the call centre. He basically said that if I needed an engineer again just call him and he would pop around, which was pretty good and trusting of him. He also said he would lodge another service ticket with his boss. 😊

Although this was undoubtedly well-intentioned, I wouldn't advise relying on this.

I've come across this scenario a couple of times (on this forum and personally) over my years dealing with VM, and the techie's time is allocated by a central booking system which simply doesn't leave enough leeway for fitting in "odd jobs" like this. They can sometimes leave customer-cases open for a short time after a visit incase of recurrent issues, but I think this is measured in days more than anything.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos