cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New power supply

Terini
On our wavelength

I just had my tivo v6 box randomly go off, tried turning the power on and off blah blah.. all the techie steps that I know so well, worked out the power supply has failed, so called support, got a friendly person on the end of the phone, and she seemed confused at first about what I wanted to get to fix my tivo box, once I explained its the power supply unit about 3 times (the thing that powers the box) she understood and ordered one for me, now this isn't a major problem but having to wait between 5 and 7 days for delivery is a bit pants isn't it?

Do I get a credit for loss of service for these 5 to 7 days??? I have a TiVo box that is unusable, luckily I have more than one but with a family of 6 living at home each box is well used.

I could have accepted, "An engineer will drop one off tomorrow" that would have been more helpful, or we'll get an engineer out..  but 5 to 7 days not even express posted due to loss of service..

Has anyone else had this kind of issue and done this???

Sally & Pete.

3 REPLIES 3

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

You only get compensation for loss of broadband or landline.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Sally & Pete,

You get automatic compensation for loss of broadband or landline, although sadly nothing for loss of TV

If I were you I would ask for a goodwill credit once you've received the replacement power supply and all is working again.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Terini, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear your TV isn't working.

As mentioned above we wouldn't offer this for TV sorry.

Please do let us know you get on with the new box. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?