Menu
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 61 of 71
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix - "We're having trouble playing this title..."

Thanks for your posts and I'm sorry to see that Netflix has been an issue for you on your V6 box

Can you please tell me if you can use other streaming services on the V6 box - such as YouTube or Amazon Prime?

Have you tried to simply log in and log out of the application to see if this can resolve the issue?

I'd also be intrigued to know if any error codes appear on the screen when trying to use the app on the V6

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 62 of 71
Flag for a moderator

Hi David, 

I use both YouTube and Prime on the V6 box, no issues. It's only Netflix that errors and restarting the V6 used to fix the issue but not any more. Reload Netflix, logging out and in has no effect

I connect through a surround sound amp but it is HDCP 2.2 compliant 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 63 of 71
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me ColsterG,

This looks like it might need me to take a closer look,

Can you check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 64 of 71
Flag for a moderator

Is there a fix for this fault yet?

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 65 of 71
Flag for a moderator

Hi Robertos42,

Thanks for your post.

I'm sorry that you're still getting the problem when you're trying to watch Netflix. 

Is your box connected via WiFi or Ethernet cable?

We're aware that some of our customers are experiencing intermittent issues with Netflix. We are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you,

Melissa 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 66 of 71
Flag for a moderator

My box is just connected with the incoming cable and connected to the TV with HDMI lead.  Netflix and other 'on demand' services had been working fine until recently, when Netflix films began to freeze and then display the error message after fairly short times.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 67 of 71
Flag for a moderator

Sorry I should have also said that the other 'on demand services' are still working fine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 68 of 71
Flag for a moderator

Still no fix?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 69 of 71
Flag for a moderator

Having the same problem here, so watching this thread. Was working fine until a few days ago, then getting the “unable to play...” error now.  It works fine on other devices, so seems to be a Virgin issue.  

Another nail in Virgin’s coffin for me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 70 of 71
Flag for a moderator

Been a while so quick update from me. Issue still the same. Only way to fix it is to reboot the box and it will work for a day or so. Also now having similar issue with the Amazon Prime app on the V6 box. . I get the buffering ring followed by a grey / black blank screen.  Definitely seems to be an issue with the V6 box trying to play 4K / HDR content from its Netflix and Prime Video apps.  Really shouldn’t have to restart the box for these apps to work every time. Would love to know if these bugs are actually being looked into by Virgin software developers or are they just being ignored in the hope people will just settle for downgrading the viewing settings from 4K to 1080p in the box settings. 

0 Kudos