cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix error Nw-2-5

Ninotschka
On our wavelength

Almost every time I try to log in (press the red button) on channel 204 Netflix, it gives me the Netflix logo and a circle below while it's trying to connect and then gives me a NW-2-5 error. Rebooting the V6 box usually resolved the issue or going to 'more info' and checking the connection where it tries to connect to the Netflix servers. This fails but afterwards it almost always works. 

I have 2 V6 boxes in the house, one connected via WiFi and one connected via ethernet directly to the router and both have this issue so it's not caused by the WiFi signal. Amazon Prime Video works every time on the V6 boxes.

Could you please help me to resolve this? It has been like this for many months now. 

Thank you 

68 REPLIES 68

have tried this also but still no resolve. looks like everyone has this same problem. i have to use my amazon fire stick which i use for another tv, but why do i have to constantly keep using it when Virgin has the app? please can this be sorted

hi Jodi, please read these posts, we all keep stating we reboot. but we have to do this virtually everytime..!!

Yup, I'm getting the exact same issue. Every day, usually in the evening, when I start Netflix on the Tivo box I get the Network nw-2-5 error. Only thing that fixes it is turning the tivo off and rebooting, which takes several minutes and is a real pain.

Tivo is connected directly to the virgin router, everything else works fine, including amazon prime via Tivo and Netflix via other devices.

Virgin and/or Netflix need to look into this in more depth, I don't think this is something the customer service agents can sort.

I have the exact same issue. Have 2 V6 boxes and 1 can access Netflix with no issue everytime but the 2nd box at times encounters the dreaded NW-2-5 and both use power line adapters to the router and Amazon Prime always works. The issue lies with VM who need to address this.

Hi Derlane, 

Sorry you're having this issue, I can appreciate the frustration. 

I've had a look at the back end of things using the details you used to join the community and I can see a few errors. 

Are you able to reboot both boxes for me and ensure they're not in stand by mode so we can get a better look?

Emma_C - Forum Team

davidm_uk
On our wavelength

With the darker nights approaching I was thinking about getting Netflix onto my V6 box, but having read this message thread I think I'll look elsewhere. VM needs to sort this instead of sending its customers around in circles.

Jiiim
Tuning in

Annnnd... it's happened again. 13 mins and counting to get it rebooted and working again.

I think I'm just gonna keep on posting in this thread each time it happens, just so the Virgin team can get a sense of how frequent, and frustrating it is.

Ninotschka
On our wavelength

I know Jim it's really annoying but I've been on virgin's case for a year about this now. On the phone and on here. I also reported it several times to the ombudsman. They just don't care. I've given up and will go to sky when my contract is up in December. At least their boxes work as they should. In the meantime, I will use my fire stick. False advertising is an actual thing Virgin Media. And you are doing it.

I salute all my fellow Netflix/Virgin sufferers! 

Jiiim
Tuning in

Happened again last night. 10 mins to restart, just to open Netflix.

Annnnnnd again.

Gave up waiting this time and used Amazon Prime instead.

When can we get this fixed Virgin?