cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix error Nw-2-5

Ninotschka
On our wavelength

Almost every time I try to log in (press the red button) on channel 204 Netflix, it gives me the Netflix logo and a circle below while it's trying to connect and then gives me a NW-2-5 error. Rebooting the V6 box usually resolved the issue or going to 'more info' and checking the connection where it tries to connect to the Netflix servers. This fails but afterwards it almost always works. 

I have 2 V6 boxes in the house, one connected via WiFi and one connected via ethernet directly to the router and both have this issue so it's not caused by the WiFi signal. Amazon Prime Video works every time on the V6 boxes.

Could you please help me to resolve this? It has been like this for many months now. 

Thank you 

68 REPLIES 68

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ninotschka,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry for the Netflix issues you've been having and want to help. In order for me to run a background diagnostic I'll need the boxes to come out of standby. Are you okay to do this for me and let me know so I can run a diagnostic.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hello John,

thank you for your reply.

Both boxes are out of standby now so please proceed when you can.

Thank you for your help!

Hi Ninotschka, 

Can you reboot the box and the hub to see if anything changes? Chris 

Hi Chris,

thank you for your reply.

I am out at the moment but will do it as soon as I get back home and let you know.

Thank you,

Nina

No worries, we will await your reply ^Chris 

Hi Chris,

both boxes connected to Netflix first time but they usually do when I reboot everything. I will test it over the next couple of days and let you know the result.

Thank you for your help so far, fingers crossed it's fixed now 🙂

Hi guys, 

It worked OK yesterday but today, it's back to the error again and not connecting on both boxes 

Is there anything else we can try? 

Hi Ninotschka, 

Sorry to hear this is still an issue.

How're things since your post on Tuesday?

I'm not able to run a health check on your equipment at the moment, can you please reboot the hub, ensure both V6 boxes are switched on and I will run the check again 🙂

Alex_Rm

Hi Alex,

thank you for getting back to me. Things have been back to the same issue, NW-2-5 every time I press the red button on Netflix. Exiting and reconnecting about 20 times will eventually resolve it, or rebooting everything.

Both boxes are on now so please check them 🙂

Thank you for your help!