Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Netflix & Prime Won't Play Programmes

At least 2 or 3 times a month I try to access programmes on Netflix & Prime but I get messages saying "titles not available just now,  try again later".  To rectify this problem I need to reboot the V6.  Why is this happening?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix & Prime Won't Play Programmes

hi there, I'm a virgin tech I have the same problem sometimes I can have too many devices logged into Netflix or amazon prime I.E. kids watching it on kindles ipads and Also tv's and V6 boxes, only way to fix like you say is to reboot device.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Have you got the tivo hard wired or wirless. Hard wired is better if you can. I have the services myself and Reboot them every couple of weeks just to refresh it on the system and never seem to get any problems. Most devices nowadays need a reboot now and again to keep working properly. Same as your mobile.hope this helps

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much for your response.

I do have my V6 hardwired & regularly do a re boot.  It's because I'm not getting the Netflix & Amazon Prime programmes so regularly that I'm looking for answers. 

A few months ago I contacted Virgin & the engineer on the phone had me disconnect all cables from my hub & set top boxes, re plug them then something was done by the engineer (I don't know what), & this did solve the problem for a while'

I know the problem is exclusive to my V6 box as the NF & AP apps on my Samsung TV do not suffer from the same problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for  your response.

I don't believe the problem is the same as I only have Netflix & Prime on 2 devices (V6 & Samsung TV) & only use the V6 most of the time, never 2 sources together.

When the fault I describe occurs on the V6, the apps on the Samsung TV are fine.

0 Kudos