Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Need to downgrade URGENTLY!!

Our household income is being severely curtailed due to the current C-19 issues. We urgently need to downgrade our current Virgin Media package from the Full House to something more affordable in the short term (we hope!). We don't wish to leave Virgin, but we simply can't afford to stay on our present package.

I've been on hold on the 150 line for literally hours with no response. Can any of the Forum Team here in the community help me or give me advice on how I can get quick resolution to this?

Thanks! Stay safe everyone!

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need to downgrade URGENTLY!!

And after waiting on hold for an eternity, I've just been cut off. I have to get this done!!
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@NormCash wrote:
And after waiting on hold for an eternity, I've just been cut off. I have to get this done!!

If you read the forums and also VM have sent out emails to customers, many of their Call Centres have closed due to the virus, hence why all NON essential calls should not be attempted - i.e. downgrading your package is a NON essential call....!!

Give the guys a break and call them once this whole situation is over.......I think they have far more important things to deal with right now...

🙄

Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

If you are paying £100 a month and are suddenly without an income - I would say that an esential call to make.

Sky have added staff to their customer forums to help out while the call centre is unavailable.

The problem is that people with such issues as "the number 0 is worn out on our handset" are blocking the lines when others have some serious issues.

@deans6571 wrote:

@NormCash wrote:

If you read the forums and also VM have sent out emails to customers, many of their Call Centres have closed due to the virus, hence why all NON essential calls should not be attempted - i.e. downgrading your package is a NON essential call....!!

Give the guys a break and call them once this whole situation is over.......I think they have far more important things to deal with right now...

🙄

==================================
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@ozsat wrote:

The problem is that people with such issues as "the number 0 is worn out on our handset" are blocking the lines when others have some serious issues.

This has now been sorted out as the poster was referred to ebay. 

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
Windows Update isn't rocket science - if it were, it would work.
Unlike Monty Python, spam is never off.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

As a poster above rightly pointed out, this IS urgent and essential as I no longer have the income to pay for this service!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I would say not being able to pay for my present level of service is fairly essential, wouldn't you?
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Virgin should really allow us to fully manage our packages online right now.

I can't do any online management of my account upgrade or downgrade, for the 18 months I've had Virgin whenever I click on Upgrade I just getting taken to a "Whoops something went wrong we can't manage your account online" screen.

If they altered it so for the moment we can upgrade or downgrade online a lot of these issues would be solved without having to call oversubscribed call centres

Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

These are exceptional times if it were me I would just cancel the direct debit when the next payment was due and sort it out later, hopefully, VM should be sympathetic. Not ideal I know, but if you don't have the money in your account it would not get paid anyway. Might be a good idea to speak to your bank first.

Good luck, I hope you get it sorted.

JohnD
Strangely strange yet oddly normal.
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi
I am sorry to see that you are struggling to get hold of us at this extremely busy time due to the epidemic we are facing.
we do have a web based chat for you to speak to our teams, But as you can imagine it is very busy so you may need to wait for a lengthy period of time but they should be able to help you further.
hope this helps

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more