Menu
severist
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Need a new box

Hi,

My TV box has been stuck in "Starting up" for the last few months (Despite numerous attempts at restarting etc), but I can't face calling the call center and being on hold for ages and getting bounced around. Is there an online chat or an easier way to get this replaced? 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Need a new box

There is no online fault reporting, staff will respond to posts on here but it'll take potentially a couple of days.

Depends whether you'd rather wait on here or call in.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
severist
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I've waited 2-3 months so far, will wait a couple of days rather than having to face a call center. Thanks much for the info

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Why have you suffered this for 2 months and not done anything 

0 Kudos
severist
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

We don't really watch very much telly... but with the euros being on I figured time to get it sorted.

0 Kudos
severist
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Any staff around? to save me a horrendous call

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

This is primarily a user-community forum, staff are currently responding in here with a 1-2day delay.

If you want an immediate response I can only suggest you make that call.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi @severist.

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts. We further apologise for the delay in getting to you.

I have been unable to locate your account using your forum details. Just to confirm, have you been in contact with our team in regards to your set top box issue since posting? If so what was discussed?

Also in regards to the starting screen have you tried rebooting your device as seen here?https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-restart-or-reset-your-box#tab2 . Have you also checked here for local faults in the area that may be causing this? virg.in/service.

Please get back to me when you can.

Many thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
severist
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi, If you are able to private message me then I am happy to give you all of the details for the account. I have not spoken to anyone else about this as of yet. I have tried all of the restarting suggestions etc however always gets stuck on starting up. 

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Severist, 

Thanks for your reply, as you have not has contact with our team and the troubleshooting has not worked, I will pop you over a PM and take a look to see what's going on 🙂

Just keep an eye out for the purple envelope

Zoie

0 Kudos