Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My tivo remote

My virgin media remote has stopped working I can turn the volume up and down but none of the other buttons will work 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: My tivo remote

@atkinsonpaul1 wrote:

My virgin media remote has stopped working I can turn the volume up and down but none of the other buttons will work 

Have you tried changing the batteries?  The volume control is via IR (for your TV/Sound) whereas, assuming the remote is paired with the V6, then that control is via RF and requires more power from the batteries (i.e. rechargeable ones aren't a good idea either).

This assumes that you have a V6 (as this is the V6 section) rather than an old TiVo.

If new batteries don't help then you'd need to contact Virgin (via the phone on online chat) to ask for a new remote,.

Keith

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: My tivo remote

Good Morning atkinsonpaul1,

Have you been able to change the batteries in the remote to see if this was the cause of the problem?

Alternatively, has the situation improved, or have you been able to speak to our team since your post?

If you still need assistance, do please drop us a response and either I or one of my team will drop you a PM

David_Bn 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V6 Remote not working but App remote works fine

Hello, we has a V6 box and whole package installed just before a Christmas. Tonight the remote stopped working. I’m using the app to control the box (through which we watch TV) Any idea how to restart the remote? None of the buttons are working apart from mute I think.

We watch TV via the V6 box which is received via our HDMi1

We do not have any other sources hooked up via HDMI2 or HDMi3

Is it possible we’ve done something my mistake?

If I press the TV button for two seconds would this take me again to HDMI1? 

The Virgin Media help section says check the source on the remote but there is no ‘source button’ on the remote that I can see. Only TV.

Thanks for any help 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Remote not working but App remote works fine

Hi MaryArea20,

Thanks for posting. My apologies for the TV remote issue. Has new batteries been tried? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos