cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My V6 box has stopped working. It shows an arrow pointing down

TJ70
Joining in

One of my V6 boxes has stopped working. I see an arrow pointing down flashing and then the welcome screen. I have turn the box off completely for an hour and still happens when I switch it back on. Any ideas? Please. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like either a SW update has gone wrong and/or the HDD has died. The resolution is the same in either case, you'll need to call VM Faults to report it.

150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone, and choose the "I have a fault" options. Strong chance you'll need a tech visit and probably a box replacement.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like either a SW update has gone wrong and/or the HDD has died. The resolution is the same in either case, you'll need to call VM Faults to report it.

150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone, and choose the "I have a fault" options. Strong chance you'll need a tech visit and probably a box replacement.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Tj760,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear one of your V6 boxes has stopped working, I have had a look at things your end by locating your account with the details we have for you, I can see there is a technician booked for this, if you need to check or change the appointment this can be done via your Online Account under help, my appointments.

If you have any further issues please do not hesitate to let us know?

Regards

Paul.