Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Moving Tivo 6 to another room

All i want to do is move the normal tivo box out of the living room and put the V6 box from the bedroom in there instead , what do i need to do , is everthing already set up for me to just move it across or do i need a technician ? also is broadband already set up in the living room as i have a telewest broadband box with cables going into it which is where the cable from the normal tivo box goes to.

The customer service at virgin is disgusting , i was on the phone for hours the other day trying to speak to someone , and its been exactly the same today , i feel like giving up virgin and moving to sky , and i have been a customer for about 15 years , ive never known customer service at virgin as bad as it is now , if you phone to cancel virgin you get someone giving BS about trying to help but they never do

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving Tivo 6 to another room

Hi provided you have the coaxial cables in place there should be no problem swapping the boxes, regarding the V6 it's better to connect with a Ethernet cable it's more stable.Regards Micky
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I can move the Tivo V6 box , but it will have to be by wireless connection , the robbing [REMOVED] want £99 for 5 minutes work to move the broadband hub , ive got a feeling that everything is already set up but as i dont know how to do it.

Years ago Virgin were one of the best , but recently the customer service is disgusting , quite happy to answer the phone straight away if you are a new customer , but if you are existing customer you have to wait hours to get through and then explain about 5 times to someone who isnt capable of handling a telephone call 

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You can try homeplugs for the connection to the V6.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

are they better than standard wireless , i'm only moving the box about 20 foot away into another room
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Just had a look on youtube the homeplugs look a decent way of getting around giving Virgin £99,  at this moment in time even if the homeplugs cost £99 i would rather buy them than give any money to Virgin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

If you buy off Amazon you may be able to return them for a refund if they don't work, in which case come back here for other ways of getting the V6 connected to the hub.

--
Hero
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Another thought: some homeplugs also provide WiFi which you may want as an option in the living room.

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/test-centre/network-wifi/best-powerline-adapters-3490638/

--
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

any idea of the best make of homeplugs to look for ?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

looking at the set up in my bedroom and living room it is exactly the same , which means transferring both v6 box and the broadband hub should be easy , is it advisable 

0 Kudos