Joining in

Is there a problem with the tv service in the Newcastle area 

146 REPLIES 146

wearestoke1
Joining in

Only BBC1 and channel 4 working now 

pen9999
Joining in

doe snot appear to be any TV channels available in my area, is there an ongoing issue

@pen9999 wrote:

doe snot appear to be any TV channels available in my area, is there an ongoing issue

Outage | Virgin Media

I’m not sure where you have been but there has been a message on every TV forum page stating that there was a national TV outage. Their twitter page was advising people that there was a national outage.

The phone lines are not able to cope with everysingle person calling them at the same time. It’s not as if the webpage could’ve been updated with an error message and the power cut meant it was also down.

this is the first time something this major has affected VM in a very long time. 

To be honest, the risk of something happening outways the cost of a “back up as you insist”, do you expect sky to have a second broadcast system??

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Back up systems are not infallible such as those with RedBee media.

Fallout-from-red-bee-broadcast-centre-incident-latest-status/ 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

TVmadone
On our wavelength

Actually I not asking for anything in the way of cash But a better information and a sorry from them as I know that not everything is 100% but caring for customers who are paying for a service. 

Also I am very sorry for customers care line But they should have a better message system then saying busy and bye 👋  

Details and sorry for losing service would be nice on the 150 system then bye   

I have not said that I will go to sky or BT etc over this service crash as they all have the same type of troubles too.

In fact sky dish service has a big issue with bad weather and if trees have grown nearby and rain on leaf can break up the signal too.

That's why sky is going over to Internet services instead like glass so less issues in theory. 

stix123
On our wavelength

why hasnt virgin media given a update on when the tv services will back up and running cant even get onto the virgin media site

Hi @stix123 

There are likely newer updates, but this is the last VM given out, alas ...

Outage 

🙄

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

TVmadone
On our wavelength

I would like to add that Virgin have had outages before but they have not been national ones and normally they get service back within a few hours. 

I have had a few street outages because of the pits being kept flooding, ants nest etc.

I have had local area outages because of the green cabinet with overhead boards or broken ones

I have had full area outages to because of play out breakdowns..

17 years of being a Telewest / Virgin customer I have seen it all but for a national outages. 

At this point in time I'm getting the message onscreen that channels are being set up like you get when you first set up 360 software to a V6 box .  But this has been over hour now and I've tried to phone them 150 and still have the bye message and no pictures yet 🙃