Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media service off again

GHA1
Joining in

Is there a problem with the tv service in the Newcastle area 

146 REPLIES 146

apps-

I also can not get any apps to work, so the V6 is not communicating over the wifi with VM, I got similar error codes C217, tivo box could not communicate with the virgin media service. 

V6- recordings-

I set my V6 planned recordings each morning before 9.00am, so two recodings were only partial due to the outage that occurred betwwen 10.00 and 11.00,

also 3 planned tv channel recordings for channels 105, 424 and 419  for this afternoon will fail as the channels are still missing.

Hope it will soon be fixed.

update- I have a sky now box and the apps and netflix all work, proving my wifi/hub/router all work so the issue must be with VM

alf28

Redhead2403
Tuning in

Just come home to most of my channels being off and showing v53 error code , Iv rebooted several times and it’s still the same , tried ringing 2 hours on hold is a joke , can a member of virgin staff help me ? 

Well ...

It looks like the BBC channels have gone off (again)

So unless someone has a Crystal Ball handy ? 🙄

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

Hi

There's been a National Service Outage, unfortunately.

Hopefully, someone will have news about when we're going to get TV back.

Though I'm not holding my breath.

🙄

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

TVmadone
On our wavelength

This morning around 11am Virgin media TV service went down all over the UK.  This also took down the Virgin TV application on our devices. 

The TV box was still able to get a network connection so we had the TV guide.

I tried to call 150 but Virgin media was very rude with a message saying   " We are very busy at this time so call back later  Bye "  and if you hold on then they cut you off ..

No message saying that it's a national service problem and a hopefully time of a fix etc..

They seem to have got the 4 national channels of BBC 1 BBC 2 ITV and C4 and  some areas where reporting that service has been resolved fully around 1.30pm 

I hope that the management will look into why this issue has knocked down all network and that they have no secondary backup systems to switch on at these times. 

Hopefully they will build a secondary network system to ensure that they keep broadcasting if they have a fire, flood or other types of trouble at a play out centre. 

Also I hope that they will provide customers with a satisfactory sorry letter and text.

Now all the channels that had returned say "This channel is not authorised"

Does it really matter that much? When people's cars go wrong, I doubt they all write to the manufacturer complaining.

I am pretty sure their leadership team will be looking into it ... I doubt they will just go 'oh how annoying' and crack on! I work in technology and nothing is bullet proof.

People are saying 'I'm going to Sky'. Please do that and realise that a satellite dish is going to have more issues than an underground cable.

BBC1 has returned but as you say no other 'live' tv channels are working.

Well ...

Back to Freeviewsville.

😟

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

☝🏼 Well said.