cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Larger Button and Simpler Remote

EPriest2212
Joining in

Hello, 

How do I arrange a larger buttoned and simpler version of the Virgin V6 remote for my elderly, impaired sight grandparents? Unfortunately they continuously struggle with the smaller remote. 

Thank you - Emily 

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Emily,

VM do have an Accessibility Remote which your grandparents may find easier to use. It's white with black buttons and is designed with partially sighted customers in mind. The buttons are different shapes to differentiate them and have a raised button on the number 5 to best locate the number buttons. 

There are also some changes that you can make to the screen itself to make it easier for them to navigate: If they has difficulty seeing the screen, both the V6 and TiVo has 'audio cues' which can help them find their way around the menus. These are sounds that show actions and reactions to button presses on the remote control.

There are five main audio cues:

• A tone that starts low and goes higher - this means you've moved forward into the next menu.
  • A tone that starts high and goes lower - this sounds means you pressed BACK or returned to the previous menu.
  • A single tone - this sound means you've pressed a button when moving around the TV guide.
  • A deep tone - you'll hear this sound when you've tried to carry out an action that isn't available.

I'll flag this post for you and a member of the Forum Team should be able to pick this up for you and order an Accessibility Remote

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Migrate to the 360 and use the remote's voice control.

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/voice-control-on-virgin-tv-360 

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @EPriest2212, thank you for the post and welcome to the Virgin Media forums!

Sorry to hear about the struggle of the remote for your grandparents. I have the same issue too with my mother using the remote, so let me tell you from first hand experience it really isn't easy and I appreciate their patience.
This is something that we can sort out here at Virgin Media.

I will send you a private message to get this sorted out - watch out for the purple envelope 🙂

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you, much appreciated! I shall await a message 😃