Menu
Dialled in
Message 291 of 304
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent sound on Btsport 4K

As per the other thread, no Dolby Atmos again for the football on now.

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 292 of 304
Flag for a moderator

And the same today - no Dolby Atmos on the football. Looks like we are no longer receiving Dolby Atmos on football on 531 - BT Ultimate.

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 293 of 304
Flag for a moderator

It may be that BT are not doing it - there is no HDR option on this match either.

@Richardr1 wrote:

And the same today - no Dolby Atmos on the football. Looks like we are no longer receiving Dolby Atmos on football on 531 - BT Ultimate.

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 294 of 304
Flag for a moderator

I'm intrigued as to whether Dolby Atmos is currently working on BT Ultimate via VM.

I see Ozat has asked the question on a BT Forum here:  https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Sport-on-TV-Online-player-or/Dolby-Atmos-working-currently-on-BT-Ulti...

Only a meaningless answer so far...

I know the VM V6 box shows 'Dolby Audio' under 'Info' but it does that for me for other channels too, including BBC1 and so on, so that doesn't mean anything.

BT boast that Dolby Atmos will be on all EPL games.  

I wondered if Dolby Atmos was affected by the current playing of artificial crowd noise?   Or is that presented as a separate object?  Obviously the crowd element of the Atmos transmission is relatively meaningless when stadiums are empty but the pitch side mic and ref mic audio are still relevant.

We don't currently have any Atmos capable amplifier, sound bar or speakers so it's not a big deal for us, but would be should we acquire Dolby Atmos kit.  I have listened to Dolby Atmos broadcasts many times at another location in the past.

So, has anyone confirmed Dolby Atmos playing out recently?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 295 of 304
Flag for a moderator

Yes - the rugby on now is in Dolby Atmos. It does look as if it isn't on the football so far this season on BT Sport Ultimate, but is on at least some of the rugby on the channel. It wasn't on the boxing last week, the only other sport on the channel I've noticed for a while.

I've only got the channel on Virgin Media, so can't talk about other instances of the channel.

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 296 of 304
Flag for a moderator

If the rugby is working then I suspect BT are not doing Atmos on football at this time. Would be a lot off effort to keep switching it off and on just on VM.

@Richardr1 wrote:

Yes - the rugby on now is in Dolby Atmos. It does look as if it isn't on the football so far this season on BT Sport Ultimate, but is on at least some of the rugby on the channel. It wasn't on the boxing last week, the only other sport on the channel I've noticed for a while.

I've only got the channel on Virgin Media, so can't talk about other instances of the channel.

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
Dialled in
Message 297 of 304
Flag for a moderator

... and for the first time this season on Virgin Media, looks like we are getting Dolby Atmos on BT Sport Ultimate's soccer - Newcastle v Chelsea (using V6).

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 298 of 304
Flag for a moderator

Hi Richardr1.. .wow didn't expect Dolby atmos till the crowds came back and it's working

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 299 of 304
Flag for a moderator

Not sure if there is any connexion with the 3pm kick-off not being in 4K according to the EPG - first time I can recall that for a Premier League game on BT Sports for some time.

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 300 of 304
Flag for a moderator

Sadly no Dolby Atmos on BT's third match - so BT have had three matches, just two in 4K and of those one with Atmos.

0 Kudos