Menu
Richardr1
Up to speed
Message 251 of 304
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent sound on Btsport 4K

The sound on tonight's 4k football is showing here as being broadcast slightly differently from previous European and Premier League games.

In the past, the TV has shown the BT Sport Ultimate sound as Dolby Atmos, as has my amplifier.

Tonight the sound is shown on the TV as Dolby Audio, and as Dolby Audio DD+ by the amplifier.

In real terms, I don't think it has made a difference, in pure direct mode the amp is still sending sound to the Atmos speakers.

I'm watching live, but a flick back briefly to a recording didn't show any immediate issues, but I only listened to a minute or so, so it will be interesting to see, if anyone else is watching the game, whether they have problems with the sound on the recording of this match.

0 Kudos
Thesaint1967
On our wavelength
Message 252 of 304
Flag for a moderator

I thought I would test a recording from last year's Champions League final and it started to mute out the sound via my Denon amp so I switched the sound from atmos back to multi stereo and then back and it didn't appear to mute albeit it was only for a couple of mins. The Wolves game I recorded started to do the same but I tried doing the same but it didn't work. I having issues with Sky HD programs via Virgin V6 box as it mutes out and I have to reset sound to Dolby Digital surround to get the audio to play correctly

0 Kudos
Richardr1
Up to speed
Message 253 of 304
Flag for a moderator

Has to be said that the change in sound carrier last night seems to have worked for me - listening to the recording doesn't demonstrate the same sound issues as before. We'll see if that was a one off, or whether the sound will return to the previous system.

0 Kudos
SPR
On our wavelength
Message 254 of 304
Flag for a moderator

Agree - sound was good - until back to the studio chat afterwards. Was rubbish again then.

0 Kudos
Scotty56
Joining in
Message 255 of 304
Flag for a moderator

Just watched Barcelona v Bayern on BT ultimate ,sound dropping out all through the match.

0 Kudos
LookinGood
Joining in
Message 256 of 304
Flag for a moderator

How do you change the 2160 output etc? If I record or pause then play anything on BT Ultimate the sound goets erratic so need something to try and fix it. Sound like that worked for someone.
0 Kudos
Richardr1
Up to speed
Message 257 of 304
Flag for a moderator

Last night was Dolby Audio DD+ again, and worked fine for me, both during the match, and for the studio before and after. I have to say I haven't noticed the particular issues with the studio sound that some seem to have.

0 Kudos
haystack1954
On our wavelength
Message 258 of 304
Flag for a moderator

@LookinGood wrote:
How do you change the 2160 output etc? If I record or pause then play anything on BT Ultimate the sound goets erratic so need something to try and fix it. Sound like that worked for someone.

Go to Help & Settings, Settings, Video Output, Video Output format,H Change  settings. Here you can manually select the format/s or run an automated test to detect the best format/s for your TV

Setting it to 2160p does not rectify the problem.

LookinGood
Joining in
Message 259 of 304
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, yeah I already had it set to 2160 so won't make a difference. 

Trailerman
Joining in
Message 260 of 304
Flag for a moderator

Have had this problem with BT Sport Rugby for months.  Totally fed up - all recorded matches have audio dropouts every minute or so, often with glitchy audio for minutes at a time.  The whole experience is appalling.  Thought it might have been resolved in the many months rugby has not been shown, but tried again yesterday and it was as bad as ever if not worse.  Currently holding for VM support....

0 Kudos