Menu
Justabod
On our wavelength
Message 221 of 304
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent sound on Btsport 4K

Sadly I very much doubt that after a year of complaints on this forum anything will ever get done rectify the issue.

Our issue persists to the extent that we are resigned to swapping supplier when our contract expires in November.

Sadly VM seem to be pushing people towards this course of action which in itself is appalling customer service.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 222 of 304
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear this

We have identified this issue with the following description;

BT Sport Ultimate: Audio Drops out when pausing or rewinding live TV on channel 531 and also on recordings.. We are sorry about this, our engineers are looking at fixing this as soon as possible.

There is also an area fault in the area @Boogerman1 which we'll endeavour to fix as soon as we possibly can, with an estimated fix time of 6pm today. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Status report || You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV or TiVo® services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
g0akc
Well-informed
Message 223 of 304
Flag for a moderator

@David_Bn wrote:

Sorry to hear this

BT Sport Ultimate: Audio Drops out when pausing or rewinding live TV on channel 531 and also on recordings.. We are sorry about this, our engineers are looking at fixing this as soon as possible.

There is also an area fault in the area @Boogerman1 which we'll endeavour to fix as soon as we possibly can, with an estimated fix time of 6pm today. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Status report || You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV or TiVo® services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

“We are sorry about this, our engineers are looking at fixing this as soon as possible.“

When David?  ‘As soon as possible’ - is that today, tomorrow, next week, next month or next year?  Please be specific!  What are the timescales?  Target date?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
AlanMac1
Up to speed
Message 224 of 304
Flag for a moderator

We have had this for 2 years “We are sorry about this, our engineers are looking at fixing this as soon as possible.“ so why believe it now!!!!!!!!
jimred
On our wavelength
Message 225 of 304
Flag for a moderator

I think your engineer needs a new van, football has now finished for a few week, so maybe it will be fixed when the new season starts!

other then this on going issue i have found the service more reliable and really appreciated the fast broadband during lockdown.

E2Royal
Tuning in
Message 226 of 304
Flag for a moderator

Does this mean the problem may have been a Virgin Media problem all along as last year we were repeatedly told the problem could only be solved by BT and Virgin Media were waiting for BT to fix it. !!?

deviljopo
Tuning in
Message 227 of 304
Flag for a moderator

@David_Bn wrote:

Sorry to hear this

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

So it’s now a known issue which hasn’t been fixed and has no timeframe to be fixed yet Virgin are still planning on charging full price for BT Sports packages. FA Cup final on Sunday and BT Sport are the only UHD option. Can’t record it or even pause it whilst watching live. Europa & Champions league football will be the same as well.

I managed to get a £5 credit on my next bill after lodging a complaint about this issue but was refused to have this continue automatically whilst the problem persists. Instead I have to call up every month and lodge a new complaint. WHY!!! If it’s a known fault and causing lack of service it should be automatically credited until the issue is fixed!!

g0akc
Well-informed
Message 228 of 304
Flag for a moderator

Copy of email letter to Lutz Schuler in response to the terrible response i received to my complaint.

FAO Lutz Schuler

Virgin Media

Account xxxxxxx

Copy of your letter dated 13th July attached.

How disappointed I was to receive such a shallow, meaningless response – in response to my complaints regarding the long standing issue with my TV services (faulty audio on BT Sport UHD channel 531 recordings/pause).

This issue has been ongoing for months now (some customers have been complaining for two years!).

All this letter does is pay lip service to try and meet your empty ’28 Day’ response time.

Do your people, or suppliers, not have the skills or resources necessary to tackle this issue?

What we, as customers, are looking for is an explanation of what is causing the problem and a prompt reliable commitment to a reasonable timescale for resolution.

It’s called building trust – which seems to be something you know nothing about!

Perhaps you would have the decency to provide me with a more meaningful response that actually addresses the issue rather than fobbing me off with such a letter suggesting to try things that have already been reported as tried unsuccessfully, coupled with a phone number where one cannot get through to anyone!

Yours

A K C xxxxxxx B.Sc. M.Sc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 229 of 304
Flag for a moderator

Hello g0akc

Thanks for your post and copy of the email you have sent. 

The Team will be able to look at everything that you have mentioned 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
SPR
On our wavelength
Message 230 of 304
Flag for a moderator

Any chance there could be an allocated owner of this issue?

Surely "team will be able to look" is hollow for a fault that is evidenced in this thread as being known in excess of a year.

This implies either nothing has been done in the past year, or no-one really knows what to do & is allowing it to rattle around an anonymous group to remove it from their to do list.

Just in case there is any doubt, yes the bug is still evident for Live: FA Cup Football today.

0 Kudos