Menu
Joining in
Message 211 of 304
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent sound on Btsport 4K

Exactly the same for me. Recorded Newcastle v Spurs to watch later on and the sound was awful! You would think after a year they would have sorted it. Its not like the sports packages are cheap .......!

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 212 of 304
Flag for a moderator

Yep, same here. Recorded Newcastle Spurs and the soundtrack was like Norman Collier's sad, old "broken microphone" gag.

There's 22 pages and one year of this now. Obviously not a one-off dodgy box/connection.

Come on VM!

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 213 of 304
Flag for a moderator

Same problem for me. Why aren't VM doing something about this? 22 pages of complaints on this thread and there are quite a few other threads dealing with the same issue. How do the advertisers feel about losing their audience because of Virgin's incompetence?

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 214 of 304
Flag for a moderator

https://youtu.be/Mzx3wNNuyB8 

20 July 2020

As detailed elsewhere in this 22 page war and peace epic, Norman collier and his microphone seem to be commetating for every BT sport uhd  game either live or recorded.

Checkout the u tube link at the start of the post for the full tragi/comedy of watching a game using this commentating technique.

Just in case anyone from VM actually looks at these posts, perhaps they could update everyone on how the fault raised in the first 10 pages is progressing. 

I am on day 5 of my 14 day cancellation period so will be heading back to sky if no update is forthcoming.

The sky box with the same LG TV and SONOS beam have worked on all UHD channels only last week.

And yes my hdmi cables are new and were used on the sky setup and yes I tried every setting on the TV6 vm box and all of the settings on the LG TV all to no avail.

In conclusion, it looks like bug, it sounds like a bug, it is a BUG. So needs fixing.

Looking forward to a prompt update from someone who works for virgin media.

( not quite sure how this works as its my first and maybe last post. System implies I am replying to anrewyeomans. I am hoping it just creates page 23 and does not get routed to you Andrew.

Tuning in
Message 215 of 304
Flag for a moderator

Same issue with boxing recorded last night, on 2 different boxes. This is poor. I've had enough of Virgin at this stage!

0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 216 of 304
Flag for a moderator

I lodged a further complaint regarding this issue a few weeks ago - just received a letter from VM in response.

They claim to have tried contacting me about it - but no calls or messages seen here.

Totally useless letter - misses the point entirely - goes on about how much their relationship with me is important but then suggests I follow the basic trouble shooting shown on the VM website to try to fix the issue!

Then suggests I ring an 0345 number if I wish to keep the complaint open.

Fails to recognise this ongoing issue which is at the VM end.

Just fobs me off!   Utterly inept.  'Sindhushree B N' of Virgin Media - you have missed the point and issue entirely!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 217 of 304
Flag for a moderator

So I ring the number given in the complaint letter - of course it sends me though the loop of pressing 1 for this and 2 for that - then supposedly runs a test on my line - which they claim is OK - then asks me to power down the equipment to restart it - and gets stuck in that loop - Infuriating! So patronising and unable to tackle issues!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 218 of 304
Flag for a moderator

So been on phone for over half an hour now (second long call) and can't get to speak to anyone to report further or go over this again. Further complaint submitted online but doubt anything will get done - VM just fob me off - Customer Service is very very poor as always.
0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 219 of 304
Flag for a moderator

I'll submit a CSIAS complaint soon I think seeking compensation - the premiership may now be over but would like to record some of the Champions League an upcoming Rugby - but won't be able to as the sound will be so bad.

Calls to the 'faults line' to complain further just get cut off after over half an hour of music.
0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 220 of 304
Flag for a moderator

Just emailed Lutz Schüler to escalate - see if that does anything - others should try emailing him too! Fill his inbox! Maybe he will listen?
0 Kudos