cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent picture/sound distortion

MrSW88
Joining in

My V6 box has for some time been playing normally on for instance Netflix or occasionally a tv channel, and then the tv/sound will flicker on and off endlessly until the box is switched off completely and restarted. I get no error codes or any other information, and 90% of the time it works perfectly. The video attached shows what happens. I'm reluctant to get an engineer out for something that doesnt happen regularly.

Video here 

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried another HDMI cable and/or port on your TV?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @MrSW88 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear of the intermittent sound issues you're having with your V6 TV service.  Have you been able to take the recommended advice from the fantastic japitts?  If so, have things improved?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi,

I have switched cable and port. Unfortunately just now it started doing it again.

As it seems to be happening only every couple of weeks, it is hard to determine exactly what the problem is.

Hi @MrSW88

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry that the issue has reoccurred. 

I've taken a look at things from our end and everything with the box looks to be in specification, there are no issues showing. 

Has rebooting the box resolved this for you?

Does this happen on multiple channels?

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Would rebooting the box wipe it clean? I have a number of things recorded and the problem is not frequent enough to jusfiy this.

It's impossible to predict when it will happen, but it's usually once every couple of weeks. It can be when it's on Netflix, or a regular channel

Hi MrSW88,
Thank you for reaching back out to us in our community, doing a reboot will not lose anything on the box, all you need to do is unplug from the power socket, leave 2 Minutes then plug back in.

Regards

Paul.

I have rebooted the box, but it has not made a difference

Thank you for trying that, I have checked our systems and cannot see anything obvious that would be causing this so I am going to send you a pm to look at this further.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules