Menu
stevgil
Tuning in
Message 11 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: IR MODE V6 TIVO TV REMOTE

Hello howsthat1

I totally agree with your concerns about using RF instead of IR. I too am sticking with my older Tivo box as I don't use wireless in the house, only home plugs as necessary. I'd like to get the new V6 box but am not sure whether it's possible to turn off the RF. Although the wifi on my  Hub 3 router was turned off, I was getting extremely high RF readings from the hub until I connected it to an older D link router via modem mode. This lowered the RF somewhat according to my RF meter readings. You're right. These things are indeed bad for people and the Telecommunications industry needs to get its act together with regards to safety, particularly in regard to the dangers of millimetre wave 5G!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
howsthat1
Tuning in
Message 12 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello , glad to see I got a reply , people in general don't seem concerned about wi-fi ( or 5G that's coming via cheap & cheerful Huawei )yet laptops became notebooks over night with apple offering protection on products. I beleive I have tested my router & V6 box that are NOT in wifi mode and found no problems.

My problem is with a remote that gives off signals with a strenght that equates to warnings given by some independent scientists. Eventually I will be forced to accept wi-fi TVs  , blue light street lamps with communications antennas, smart meters and 5G outside my house. 

I will note here that companies can make an effort about wi-fi signals - a friend's house has a  smart meter that I tested and found it gave out next to nothing at a range of 3feet yet I have had digital cordless phones that have exceeded all limits on my meters.

0 Kudos
stevgil
Tuning in
Message 13 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi howsthat1

Thanks for your reply. I agree, people don't seem concerned about Wi-Fi but I believe that's because they don't know the damage it can do long term (me included as for some years I had a Wi fi house alarm). Most people want the 'convenience' but I've found that home-plugs can be better once set up, particularly for desktops, but with ipads etc., you have to use Wi-fi I suppose. 

I was reading about the remote you mention and it does seem to give off high readings. If I could control the V6 with my current Tivo remote (IR) I'd get one but it seems that you can't turn off the radio signal even though they say the V6 remote can be used with either RF or IR. We already got blue light street lamps right outside our house. I researched these and it appears that scientists in Spain and US have already done studies on these and found that they affect the hormone systems such that they rapidly increase the risk of prostate cancer in men and breast cancer in women to an extremely high percentage. You can find these reports on the Internet if you do a search. Apparently these lamps are set to be used to radiate Li-fi which is wifi that travels via LED lights e.g. a deadly combination if you ask me! If I go for a walk at night when it's dark I usually wear orange wraparound glasses. If you look up Gateshead Council where 5G (5G has never been tested for safety) using LED lamps have been a test-bed, you'll see that they took the council to court to get them to look into these dangers. Of course, it never gets reported in the mainstream so nobody gets to know: they only care about saving money or profits and not human health.

It's good that you check everything with a meter. I've got 3 which I use regularly. I've also got a cell phone tower about 400-500 metres from my house which raises the RF on one side of the house quite high so I'm going to paint one wall with RF paint and put RF absorbing film on the windows. I know it sounds extreme but once you learn about this stuff it becomes quite frightening.

My best wishes

0 Kudos
howsthat1
Tuning in
Message 14 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Well said and very interesting. I have come across people in high powered jobs that have borrowed my devices to test out hire cars,worn the orange glasses,grounded themselves in my house by being barefoot , the rabbit hole is endless but you demonstrate there are some ways around these problems.

I watched a program recently showing how people, in the 60's, were convinced microwave cookers were bad because they exceeded the DIY radiation meters available at the time,they may have been wrong about that but there are still concerns about what they do to food now.

To get back on track I'm just concerned about what the new TIVO V6 remote control might be doing to cook me. 

Thanks for your detailed reply , must check that paint out , I'll put some on the remote.

0 Kudos