Menu
Simbobbb
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

How to connect V6 TiVo remote to Onkyo AV Receiver

Hello,

I want to control the power and volume on my AV receiver, but am struggling to connect my TiVo remote to my Onkyo TX-L50 AV Receiver.

I can connect it fine to my LG TV (control the volume and on/off) and followed the steps here:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-using-tv-remote

... but not able to connect it to the AV receiver.

Please can someone advise?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How to connect V6 TiVo remote to Onkyo AV Receiver

Hi Simbobbb,

These are the Onkyo codes 1002 1017 1046 1079 1090 1107 1108 1130 1179 1209 from Virgin's list of Audio remote codes - 

https://assets.virginmedia.com/help/assets/documents/audio_remote_code_list.pdf 

Press and hold down Clear and press Volume Up at the same time, until the light on the top of the remote flashes green twice

Enter the four digit code from the list. The LED should then flash green twice. This shows you’ve entered a valid code

Press Volume Up / Down and Mute to check that the remote is working. If not, repeat the steps above using a different code for your AV device from the list

The remote can only store one device code type at a time. This means that you can’t control two AV devices at the same time.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

Simbobbb
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi newapollo,

Yes I already tried that but the TiVo box seems to think I’m typing in a channel number when I enter the codes.

I only have 1 AV device which is connected with the TV

0 Kudos
Simbobbb
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

When I try and connect the remote to the AV receiver via the Help section, I get an error message:

“Error there has been a technical glitch error (PR5)”

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Simbobbb,

I'm sorry I have no idea what that error code is. Please can you try entering the code 0516 and see if that works. If not please try 0336.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Have you got both your Onkyo and V6 switched on.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Simbobbb
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Got it working now, thanks guys! 🙏👍

Simbobbb
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Note to anyone reading this thread - make sure your remote is disconnected from any other devices prior to setting up with AV Receiver. 

0 Kudos
Mund55
Just joined
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Simbobbb

Having the exact same issue with the PR5 code. Can you let me know what process/codes you used as I tried the above and still no joy.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Simbobbb
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mund55,

From memory, I remember completely disconnecting the remote from all other devices as it still thought it was connected to the TV. I went through all the codes and none seemed to work until I completely disconnected and reset the remote and started the process again.

After that, I was able to connect the Onkyo remote to the Tivo box. Now it’s connected, I can adjust the volume and mute which is handy, but that’s all.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos