Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HDMI CEC

Returning Virgin Media customer after living in a property where it wasn't possible. 

Loving the V6 box, minus one feature. CEC. In this day and age, it seems like a pretty asinine thing to omit, especially when it's your main TV box.

I turn it on, I turn the TV on. I then have to use the TV remote to select the V6 source, since we switch between them all (consoles etc although saying that, the Xbox One omits it too) and the TV remembers the last source it was on. If there was a way on the TV to default to one source  regardless of what it was on when it was turned off, I would do that but there isn't.

Sounds like a silly thing to complain about really, but hopefully someone knows if it will be added or why it is missing. 

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: HDMI CEC

Solution at

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/Tivo-V6-HDMI-CEC-absence/td-p/3290845/page/6

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I wouldn't really call either of them solutions. Workarounds, maybe. 

Also doesn't answer why it's missing at all or if it will be implemented. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Totally agree, not solutions - spend money on a 3rd party remote due to basic functionality missing? This issue is frustrating me a lot, I have several devices connected via an AV receiver, and they all support this - even cheap TV streamer stick supports it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It does do it, you need to make sure the V6 is plugged into HDMI port 1. What else is plugged into the HDMI ports?

0 Kudos