Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

HD channel pixelation

I'm getting bad pixelation on some hd channels especially Channel 5 and some of the movie channels. Quite annoying to say the least. 

On one or two of the tuners I've noticed significant loss in signal strength. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: HD channel pixelation

Make sure all connections are tight on the coaxial cables especially where the coaxial connects onto the flylead at the back of the V6. If this doesn't fix it you most likely need an engineer as the HD channels tend to sit on the high end of the spectrun which would indicate you've either been moved port at the cab and your high end levels are now over attenuated or water ingress on your cable.

Andy, Field Technician working from home.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The connections are tight into the V6 box, but the pixelation is still there 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Have you checked all the coaxial cable too? Where the cablensplirs and also where it comes into your house? If it's still present then an engineer visit will be required. You will need to contact customer service using MyVirginMedia app or using the online chat function on your account.

Andy,Field Technician working from home.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've checked the cable outside, seems tight. I've also got error code V53 on some channels. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Please contact customer services as an engineer is required.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've rebooted V6, and tuner 5 is still at 80% signal strength. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help 😀

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Signal strength doesn't correspond to pixilation. For pixilation you would look for pre and post errors on each tuner. You can accept pre but post errors equate to pixilation. As mentioned before with the rest of your channels being unaffected but most of the HD channels being affected it would indicate low RF levels on the high end of the spectrum. This is caused by either the cable externally being too long for the tap port its connected too and it becomes over attenuated by the time it gets to your home or water ingress where the connection has corroded somewhere and the high end levels can't not pass efficiently. 

Hope that helps a little more, unfortunately with your issue there's nothing you can do to resolve it other than making sure your connections were tight. If they are then an engineer is required to resolve. 

Andy, Field Technician working from home.

0 Kudos