cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty V6 Box

Steve-0
On our wavelength

Hello,

My V6 box appears to be dying, all 3 lights on the front of the box are flashing, with the power/standby light flashing between red, white and off. All that is displayed on the TV is 'Welcome' in various languages. 

Rebooting the box fixes the issue for a few hours, but it always returns. Sometimes the box will just freeze entirely on a menu and need rebooting. This has been going on for a couple of years happening once every few days and I lived with it as I don't watch it that often, but now it happens frequently throughout the day. The box also runs very slow sometimes too, freezing up for a minute or two before working again (this has been happening for a couple of years), so I suspect the hard drive may be failing.

Please can a tech person message me to arrange diagnostics and a replacement box if necessary.

Many thanks,
Steve

Big Bundle / Hub 3.0 / V6
12 REPLIES 12

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Firstly, are you sure you have a V6? Your reference to 3 lights suggests to me, a TiVo... if you're not sure, check here 

Regardless of which box you have, any TV box that won't bootup how you describe - has a fault. You can report it here and the staff team should pick it up, but you should be aware this isn't a real-time service and it may take a couple of days.

If you want an immediate response, you will need to call in - 150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steve-0
On our wavelength

Yes. If I still had a tivo box I would have set it on fire by now.

Steve-0
On our wavelength

The V6 box has 3 lights. 2 of which are only visible when there is a fault or connection issue. 

Steve-0
On our wavelength

A big black screen that says 'starting up' endlessly because I can't contact a human to replace my dead V6 box.

Steve-0
On our wavelength

It's been a while since I've needed to contact VM for anything, but the machines seem to have completely taken over. I can't seem to find any human life remaining at VM. I need a V6 box, but the machines answer the phones and speak of a fault in a nearby city that is not relevant to me. 

Webchat has also been taken over by the machines. The machines have now referred me to WhatsApp to await human contact, I fear this is in vane though. 

If by some chance, out there in this dystopia, a human happens to chance upon this message and you have not yet been silenced by the machines, please send me a new V6 box, because unfortunately, mine is no more. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Steve-0 wrote:

A big black screen that says 'starting up' endlessly because I can't contact a human to replace my dead V6 box.

Any TV box that won't bootup has a fault, and you need to report this. Creating multiple duplicate posts is not only against the forum guidelines, but isn't going to get you help any quicker. Your posts have been merged.

You can either wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a couple of days. Or you can call in - I appreciate VM's phone CS does leave something to be desired at times, if you want an immediate response, that's the best way.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steve-0
On our wavelength

I don't care nobody is doing anything about it. I have tried the webchat and nobody answered. I called the centre and after waiting over half an hour I was read a script about a network fault in a different town that isn't affecting me and to wait until the 12th for that to be fixed. I'm sick of this. 

Steve-0
On our wavelength

I appreciate you trying to help out by volunteering your time to this company to help them but not a single person from VM has been helpful. I just need a damn box sent to me. Going to try complaints channels because this is a joke.

Steve-0
On our wavelength
Complaint submitted feel free to lock the thread or whatever you do here. I have no interest in dealing with this at this level anymore. Thanks for actually replying though, you have made more of an effort than Virgin Media have.