Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Experience from hell

Good afternoon,

I have just returned home having been working abroad for a couple of years and have returned to find that my elderly Mam's monthly bill very excessive for the service she is getting (£154.68p/m!). I then decided to step in and help her by trying to reduce her monthly bill as she struggles managing.

I was given permission from my Mam (account holder) who has difficulty speaking on the phone to talk on her behalf. After a long time waiting period I finally managed to get trough to one of your call centre's in Asia where I spoke to a lady who proved very difficult in understanding and seemed very slow possibly due to a training issue. Fast forward eventually after venting my frustration I was passed onto a floor Manager who agreed for the bill to be reduced to £99p/m as I was ready to cancel the contract and move to Sky for the same price and package.

I am now just weary that she will continue to be overcharged as I am yet to receive a confirmation email like I was told and also my Virgin media doesn't display my new agreed package and bill.

Please could someone get back to me and I look forward to your response.

Kind regards,

Jordan Chapman

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Experience from hell

For anything account-specific like you're asking, the forum team here won't have access. You will need to call in by phone to clarify your package and bill.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi jappitts,

Thank you for your reply - that's annoying as getting through on telephone to the customer service team is always a nightmare with the long-waiting times and language barrier.

Much appreciated,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Try again - calling “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-5 "Thinking of leaving" - they are open 8am until 10pm but calling early (between 08.00-11.00) is usually best, you will usually get a UK call centre who’s staff are more informed and helpful.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi jbrennand,

That's great thank you for your help!

Much appreciated,

0 Kudos