cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double box failure Green screen of death

Dusty_Warrior
Up to speed

Hi all,

I have a tech visit booked for Tuesday so I’m only asking out if interest to see if anyone else has experienced similar.

Both of my V6 boxes have failed within 24 hours. Both have had the green screen of death. They have recovered themselves and failed again. Now one is stuck in Starting Up and the other doing nothing.

Strange that both have turned there toes up at the same time 🤔

Tech thinks he’s coming to fix one and now has two.

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

On the rare occasion that a TiVo/V6 recovers from the "DVR has detected an error" failure, I've never known it be a permanent resolution - and another failure has only been a matter of time.

This is unlucky, but at least you have a tech already booked...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Dusty_Warrior, 

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you have been experiencing some issues with your equipment, I appreciate this must be frustrating. 

I just wanted to check in and see how the technician visit went, were they able to get this matter resolved for you?

Let us know and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask 🙂 

Thank you 

Nat

Hi Nat,

Engineer attended yesterday and changed out both boxes.

Took a long while for all the software to download but all sorted before he left.

Good service and (so far) no problems.

Thankyou

Mark

Glad to hear this was all sorted for you Mark!

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to post again on our community forums, we'll be here to help if needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley