cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copyright?

Rich12
Dialled in

hI, with all the problems now sorted i have a new.

We have a few v6 boxes in the house, but when we try to watch a recording from the downstairs box, upstairs it says your not permitted and mentions something about copyright, have tried the old on/off /reset but no good, any ideas please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The phone migration has been ongoing for some time & is due to be completed by the end of this year.

The charge just sounds like an admin error.

Even if you need a tech out to put in a line from your hub to the location of your existing phone master socket (which is an option when changing to 21CV), there should not be a charge for this as long at it takes place at the time the line is changed.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Could you be specific about the error message or code that you get?

Perhaps post a picture if you're not sure. Also does this happen on all programmes or just particular ones?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi Rich12,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you've had some issues with your new box.

Are you able to confirm the information japitts has asked for?

Alex_Rm

ozsat
Superstar

The multi-roon blockout is just on 2-3 channels - which channels are you trying to watch accross devices?

@Rich12 wrote:

hI, with all the problems now sorted i have a new.

We have a few v6 boxes in the house, but when we try to watch a recording from the downstairs box, upstairs it says your not permitted and mentions something about copyright, have tried the old on/off /reset but no good, any ideas please.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Hi, sorry for the extremely late reply but with personal problems and sorting out the hub 5, being a very busy person.

So here is a update.

The copy write problem sorted it self out after turning all boxes off and that seemed to do the trick.

Now if you have read about my phone problems, you will definitely need to READ THIS !.

We had a engineer to check the hub 5 and it was faulty at the phone jack, he also told me, confirmed by follow up phone call that in a few months all virgin phones that plug into a wall telephone socket are going to be stopped and you will have to plug your telephone into your hub directly.

Now we are currently waiting for our new hub 5 to be delivered.

Now in the mean time we received our bill which was paid, but after paying it i noticed a £25 handling charge, i read why i had this, and non of the answers it provide applied to me, i called vm, they told me that because i had a engineer came out to my house i was charged accordingly???

I told them its your equipment not mine and iam not paying £25 for a engineer to fix you equipment, after she had a word with her manager the £25 will be credited to my account, so please check you bill BEFORE YOU PAY.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The phone migration has been ongoing for some time & is due to be completed by the end of this year.

The charge just sounds like an admin error.

Even if you need a tech out to put in a line from your hub to the location of your existing phone master socket (which is an option when changing to 21CV), there should not be a charge for this as long at it takes place at the time the line is changed.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

And for the benefit of any forum staff who pick this up.. the admin charge query has been raised separately in the account forum...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/25-call-out-fee-on-my-bill/m-p/4913...