Menu
Kaizer
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Code W02 and New V6

Hi,

I have two Tivo boxes, one in my main room and one in my bedroom. I recently recieved a new V6 box to replaced an older style box in my bedroom which developed a fault. So I now have two V6's.

The main V6 downstairs is connected via ethernet to the hub. My new V6 in my bedroom is connected via wi-fi. 

With my new bedroom V6 I'm getting the W02 error code. I can watch up to about 20 minutes of TV then the error code appears and I have to re-boot the V6. The V6 wi-fi connection tells me I have 60-65% signal which it says is "Good". Even so, the signal error code appears and so the new V6 is only useful for about 20 minutes.

I'm wondering if this is becasue I have one of the older Hubs? My Hub in my main room thet my first V6 is connected to via ethernet is an older Hub2. I have experienced other wi-fi problems with this. My works laptop and my desktop pc frequently drop wi-fi and I have to re-connect.

Is it likely that upgrading the Hub would solve my signal issues?

Thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Code W02 and New V6

Your live TV channels are carried over the white coax cable, OnDemand and other online services use the internet which is where your homehub connection comes in.

Error W02 is a classic "loss of TV signal" error and will have nothing to do with your WiFi. You need to call VM to report that, as there's something wrong with your TV signal - is this only happening on one box or both? If it's both, it could potentially be your common cabling. If it's only one box, then try swapping them around to prove whether it's the V6 or internal cabling.

I'd recommend posting about your WiFi issues in the dedicated board here , but suffice to say the free router that VM supply is never going to give you the greatest WiFi coverage compared with more alternative solutions.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kaizer
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Code W02 and New V6

Thank you. I had gotten "signal" confused.

I took your suggestion and moved my new box downstairs to the main room. Sure enough, after connecting it up and watching tv for around 20 minutes i get a W02 error code...

My downstairs V6 which ive had for around 8 months, moved upstairs works perfectly. I actually left it on so long to wait for a W02 error that it eventually powered itself off.

I'll be contacting VM to report a faulty V6

Thanks again for our answer.

0 Kudos