Menu
Scott21
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Channel not authorised

Repost: This issue has repeated itself and the team made a simple step to fix this issue, with some sort of reset on their end. If this could be repeated that would be great.

Hi, I've recently had my v6 box off for the last 30 plus days and upon turning it back on ive discovered none of the channels work expect for BBC and ITV but not in HD and I get a message on the screen saying 'channel not authorised contact 150'? I'm wondering if there is a quick fix instead of me having to phone in necessarily?

I've also tried the usual turn off and on again/switch channels blah blah blah and also connected it to the virgin network and still I get nothing?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Channel not authorised

When you say you had your V6 off for the last 30days, do you mean powered-up but in standby? Or switched off at the mains? If the latter, there's the underlying cause for this problem. The boxes are designed to be powered-up 24/7 with power-saving options used as appropriate.

Your box may well have been deactivated based on being offline from the network for a period of time. If the message is suggesting you call 150 to resolve it, then I would suggest you follow that advice and call 150.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Scott21,

It sounds like your box needs reactivating.  

You may be able to phone 0800 953 9500 to get your box re-activated. 

You will need the serial number of the box, and also your account and area number.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm just a normal customer here to share my knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi as others have correctly mentioned the box has become deactivated, I think in the future you won't make the mistake of turning off at the mains, modern devices are receiving data all the time to keep them working properly.Regards Micky
0 Kudos