Menu
Highlighted
rockette
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cannot access LG tv OS apps over WiFi

I recently moved house and brought my LG 4k smart TV with me. My new flat has a VM cable already installed. I ordered up a VM hub and a TV V6 box with the Bigger TV option.

The cable connection came with a splitter, one end connects into the hub and other into V6. Box. The V6 box is connected to TV via an hdmi cable.  The V6 box and hub are close together and connected via an Ethernet cable supplied by VM.  The TV service works fine. So does WiFi on my tablet and laptop.

The LG smart TV (4k) has its own "operating system," called LGos. This is activated by pressing a special icon on the TV remote, which displays a number of tabs along the bottom of the screen, including BBC iPlayer, Netflix etc.  When pressed they do not work.  They used to work at my old address. Now selecting one of these tabs generates an on screen error message saying No network connected -106. 

I assume the LGos in the TV works over the WiFi signal from  the VM hub but for some reason is not seeing it. As I said above, it worked in my old place so I assume it relates to hub. How do I fix this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot access LG tv OS apps over WiFi

Have you logged into the WiFi via the app

Hit the Home button on your LG TV remote. 

Select Settings > Network > Network Connections.

Select Wireless. 

Click Start Connection.

Find your network name in the list of available networks and select it.

Enter your network password.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
paul0363
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You could connect the TV to the hub with an ethernet cable (best method) - there's a socket on the back of the TV.  Otherwise, to use WIFI, you'll need to enter the credentials for your new Hub.  If LGWebOS hasn't changed since I bought my LG do the following:

• Open settings (press & hold the cog button on the remote)
  • Navigate to Network
  • Go to WiFi Connection and make sure it's turned on.
  • Select your network and enter the WIFi password

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes, as said above, your TV will be looking for the previous WiFi that it was connected to.

You need to either go into settings on your TV and advising the new WiFi name (SSID) and password or connect by Ethernet cable.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos