Menu
nadrofra
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can't call VM from Smarty phone

Hi all,

I need to call VM because my brand new TV V6 box doesn't work. The picture is distorted and sometimes the sound doesn't work. (Have unplugged everything, new HDMI cable, rebooted etc.)

Problem is, I can't seem to call VM from my Smarty mobile and I don't have a landline. I'm able to call other 0345 numbers so that's not the issue. When I ring it just repeats "Sorry, you've not been given access to this service." over and over. Smarty suggested that Smarty numbers may have been blocked by VM.

Any ideas? Or is there any other way of getting in touch with VM? 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can't call VM from Smarty phone

Hi nadrofra,

Try freephone number 0800 052 0422 best to call at 8am, or around tea time to avoid call queues

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@nadrofra wrote:

I'm able to call other 0345 numbers so that's not the issue. When I ring it just repeats "Sorry, you've not been given access to this service." over and over. Smarty suggested that Smarty numbers may have been blocked by VM.

That's twaddle, but is the sort of response I'd expect from a low-cost provider when their CS script doesn't work (and I'm not being at all sarcastic, I'm totally genuine in saying this)

Your complaint is with Smarty - but it may be worth trying other 080 & 034 numbers by means of diagnosis.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
nadrofra
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Great, managed to get through thank you!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update nadrofra,

I hope they managed to fix your issues, or are sending a new set top box or have arranged an engineer visit

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello nadrofra

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via forums in regards to your TV issues, welcome to the community!

We can see an engineer was booked to attend in regards to the issues, can you confirm if this took place and they were able to resolve the issue please?

If not, let us know and we'll do all we can to help.

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos