cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Box not updating tv guide

Jude2
Dialled in

My v6 box doesn't seem to be updating the tv guide. On the system setup page it shows that it's updated to Sunday 24 April. I thought that it should at least be Monday 25 by now?  When I forced a connection it successfully connects but doesn't download or update anything. I have rebooted the box in case that was the issue, but still it connects successfully but doesn't update the guide.  Is it just me? Or is it that the network isn't updated since the weekend? Help and any advise would be grateful

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm not sure what you're asking, you can only view the status of your V6's network connection which you've already checked.

As already advised by @nodrogd above - not all channels have a rolling 14day EPG. Sky-branded channels tend to, a couple of the other pay-TV broadcasters have around a 12day thing, while the terrestrials & FTA only ever go upto "a week Friday".

They then populate the second week during Friday-Sunday. Your V6 will dial-home every 6hours and obtain the most-current EPG data at that time.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

For most of the Public Service channels (BBC, ITV, C4,C5), schedules are only published a week in advance. The rest vary between 1 & 2 weeks of data. It’s only some of the Sky channels that populate the full 2 weeks.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Jude2
Dialled in

Thanks for the help, but I have no programme info for any channels after Saturday 22. Not sure if this is nationwide (problem with VM network not updating) or my box, because I can force a successful connection however there doesn't seem to be anything to download to my box to update the tv guide? Probably I'm just worried about nothing and it'll finally update eventually, but given the fact that it usually has something to update every 6 hrs I find it strange that nothing seems to be updating.  Again thanks for any help. Anything to put my mind at rest.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you have listings for the following channels beyond April 22nd?

Discovery HD 250, Eden-HD 247, Sky Sports F1 HD 506, DMAX-SD 171

I've intentionally picked those to cover a variety of broadcasters, which currently do have listings on the 23rd.

Jude2
Dialled in

Ok so spoke to a few friends who have VM and they have all rang 150 about something today, they have all been told to either reboot their box, hub or both.  Now there is nothing on the service status page saying they have an issue in their area. I've also spoke to the call centre on 150 I was told if the connection is successful then I have the most up to date tv guide?  As I said I have already rebooted my box, I have also rebooted my hub -tried to force a connection, again although successful it still says the t.v. guide is up to Sunday 24th. I wonder if it's nationwide VM issue with the network just not updating as usual every 6 hrs? Anyone else having this issue.  I'm sure it will eventually get fixed. Fingers crossed. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jude2 wrote:

if the connection is successful then I have the most up to date tv guide?

This is a good summary - if you could answer the questions in my previous post, the one you've just replied to... that will help ID if there's a problem with your TV guide listings or not.

If there was a nationwide issue, this forum would be chock-full of users reporting problems - and I don't see any evidence of that. My TV guide is also fine.

They are showing for 23rd but I have absolutely nothing for 24th at all. Any ideas

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yep, my TV guide is exactly the same and yours therefore appears to working normally.

Sky Nature SD/HD on 279/280 has listings for the 24th, but not every channel has a rolling 14day guide - this is not a fault.

Thanks, can I just check, when you go on the status page on v6 and it shows what date the TV guide goes up to, what does yours show

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm not sure what you're asking, you can only view the status of your V6's network connection which you've already checked.

As already advised by @nodrogd above - not all channels have a rolling 14day EPG. Sky-branded channels tend to, a couple of the other pay-TV broadcasters have around a 12day thing, while the terrestrials & FTA only ever go upto "a week Friday".

They then populate the second week during Friday-Sunday. Your V6 will dial-home every 6hours and obtain the most-current EPG data at that time.