cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bose Solo 15 TV Sound System

rdnw40746
Joining in

Hi

Help needed! Bose will not accept code from remote. I have a Tivo V6 box. The Bose used to work from the Tivo remote but I can not find a code that works now.

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi rdnw40746,

I'm not sure if you've used theses but there are 3 codes for Bose systems on the audio_remote_code_list.pdf  1070,1170 and 1224.

Make sure your remote is disconnected from any other devices prior to setting up with AV Receiver. 

Press and hold down Clear and press Volume Up at the same time, until the light on the top of the remote flashes green twice

Enter the four digit code from the list. The LED should then flash green twice. This shows you’ve entered a valid code

Press Volume Up / Down and Mute to check that the remote is working. If not, repeat the steps above using a different code for your AV device from the list

The remote can only store one device code type at a time. This means that you can’t control two AV devices at the same time.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the above fails you could also try the long winded method.

Make sure you have new batteries in the remote, and a basketful full of food and drink.

This time make sure the AV device and your TiVo box are switched on

Press and hold down Clear and Volume Down at the same time until the light on top of the remote flashes green twice
Enter the code 1999 to access the AV device code database – the LED will flash green twice

Point the remote at the AV device and press channel up repeatedly until a code mutes the volume for the device – the LED will flash green each time a code is sent. When the volume turns off, press Mute to turn the volume back on

Press Volume Up / Down and Mute to check that the remote is working with your device. If it doesn’t work, continue to search using Channel Up until the next code turns off the volume, and repeat  the above steps

When the Volume and Mute keys work, press OK to store the code. The LED will then flash green twice.If you reach the end of the code database, the light on top of the remote will give an extended red flash and exit programming mode.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali