cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black box across screen out of no where

Jshears
Joining in

We have had a V6 for 3 months, and use it on a Samsung OLED TV. which we have had for a year.

It all worked fine, and nothing has changed - nothing has been moved/no cables have been dislodged or changed.  Out of nowhere a large black box has appeared in the middle of the screen when watching TV.  It doesn't appear on the GUIDE menus etc, and we can see the channel around the box and sound is normal.  It is is literally a large black box superimposed over the channel playing.

It doesn't appear on the apps like iplayer and netflix or in the channel preview that plays in the bottom right corner when on the GUIDE menu - only when trying to play TV channels through the V6.

Desperate to get rid of it....all help appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2

Jshears
Joining in
Aaaand it is sorted. Having rebooted everything lots of times to no avail, the teenager wandered in, rebooted the V6 again and it worked. Happy and annoying in equal measure....

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jshears wrote:

We have had a V6 for 3 months, and use it on a Samsung OLED TV. which we have had for a year

If you were a new TV customer, you will have a TV360 not a  V6 - same hardware, different software.

If you upgraded from a TiVo to a V6, then glad you got it sorted!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks