Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

BT Sport 4k Sound - Dolby Atmos

Hi all,

I’ve read a few issues on intermittent sound on BT Sport 4k channel but I just wanted to see if anyone was having a similar issue to what I am currently facing.

Over the last few months when I watch sport on BT Sport 4k, the TV communicates audio to my soundbar via eARC and the soundbar displays that the audio is “Dolby Atmos” – Great. This has been happening since sport kicked back in and have thoroughly enjoyed.

Yesterday when I watched the Champions League game, for some reason I don’t have the message appearing on my soundbar stating that the audio is in “Dolby Atmos”. Before I could hear the difference between BT Sport HD 1 and BT Sport 4k in the football matches but yesterday they literally sounded the same. I haven’t changed anything in setup, Atmos can still be played via Netflix / Prime / Nvidia – just seems to be Virgin 4k channel.

Anyone have an idea? why would Atmos just drop off?

I find little things like this annoying hence the post!

Appreciate the read

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: BT Sport 4k Sound - Dolby Atmos

The Thursday night game was not listed as [ATMOS] in the schedules. Not all programmes on Ultimate are.

The next programme listing as [ATMOS] is the second rugby match on Saturday afternoon at 4.15pm.

@Pioneer25 wrote:

Hi all,

I’ve read a few issues on intermittent sound on BT Sport 4k channel but I just wanted to see if anyone was having a similar issue to what I am currently facing.

Over the last few months when I watch sport on BT Sport 4k, the TV communicates audio to my soundbar via eARC and the soundbar displays that the audio is “Dolby Atmos” – Great. This has been happening since sport kicked back in and have thoroughly enjoyed.

Yesterday when I watched the Champions League game, for some reason I don’t have the message appearing on my soundbar stating that the audio is in “Dolby Atmos”. Before I could hear the difference between BT Sport HD 1 and BT Sport 4k in the football matches but yesterday they literally sounded the same. I haven’t changed anything in setup, Atmos can still be played via Netflix / Prime / Nvidia – just seems to be Virgin 4k channel.

Anyone have an idea? why would Atmos just drop off?

I find little things like this annoying hence the post!

Appreciate the read

Thanks

==================================
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
Highlighted
Wise owl
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Further to that, the BT commentators have been apologising all week about the sound quality, and the feed being out of sync as they are relying on the signals from other broadcasters. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

The Rugger game on now is being broadcast in Dolby Atmos - i.e. the programme started 13:30.

Is there a way of seeing in advance which programmes on 531 are due to use Atmos? It's not obvious to me where such information is displayed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Wise owl
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Richardr1,

If you click on the info button, scroll down to the loudspeaker icon. It will state what the current audio track is. According to my V6 the rugby is English -Dolby Audio

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

That's right (and is the current programme, not future programmes that Ozsat was quoting).

However, that isn't specific. It reads that for programmes that are sending Dolby Atmos (per my TV and Amp) and Dolby Digital Plus, as well as just Dolby Digital, which is the standard on other channels apart from the two 4k ones.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I've had sound dropping out on bt ultimate rugby recordings this weekend. Saturday game just just dropping sound every few moments. And happening again on a match from today but not quite as regular.

Someone somewhere said change audio on V6 to PCM which did stop the dropouts but then caused some audio to be garbled. 

So I'm just puzzled

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Is this evening's game in Atmos?

My soundbar just says Dolby Audio.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in